Help please ...can't start and alarm issue

Cobranut

Zorg Addict
Hi there can anyone help please. Just come back off hols having left my 2.8 Z3....won't start....flat battery...simple I hear you say...sadly not..home recovery couldn't solve....yes easy to jump start but alarm going. ....plot thickens...both keys and fobs were stolen from my son's fortunately car not there but the thieving little sh..s flattened fob batteries constantly pressing to try and find car. Appear to have damaged alarm fobs or settings in some way ...no point buying car battery as just drains,..need to resolve issue...tried usual sitting in car, ignition on off and pressing fob buttons etc..,no joy..can't turn alarm button in engine as it has seized in place. Please if anyone can help, I would love to find the culprits but really just want to get problem fixed without paying BMW arm and leg prices. Thankyou.

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Sorry to hear you've had a rough time of it. The alarms can become problematic once the battery has drained. Never managed to reslove mine when the battery died so I no longer use it.

Davyhoogy

Zorg Guru (III)
Model of Z
'98 2.8 z3
I had alarm issues when had a flat battery. No idea if this will help or if you have tried it,
I connected another car to the battery, I shut all doors, locked them all with the key, pressed red button to turn on alarm, grey button to unlock and disable the alarm and then all was fine. Removed battery from boot and had it on charge for a week.

I have no idea how to reset the fobs, maybe take them apart clean them up and fit new batteries in them

Cobranut

Zorg Addict
Thanks for the replies, tried a new battery and locking etc and setting fobs but not worked.....will keep trying

Jjim

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
Model of Z
1.9 Roadster