Help needed with repair

Ryan k

Hi everyone , hope I’m posting in the correct section , not fully used to the site yet , can anyone help me with naming the parts that I need to repair my z3 97 2.8 ,

While changing the rubber intake boot I’ve snapped the nipple off the charcoal canister or evap ? Is this what it’s called ? Is it ok to put a second hand one on ?

Also ( as I’m obvs heavy handed ) the squeeze clip to the fitting on the other nipple ( with blue pipe ) has broken , can I just replace this clip? Will it just push fit into blue pipe ? And the other small pipe that comes from the top of canister where nipple snapped has a split o ring ( pipe and clip in LHS of pic) can I get the o ring or do I need a new pipe section?
Many thanks in advance 🤞

Attachments

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8i AUTO and 2.8i MANUAL
If my memory serves me correctly, this unit was fitted to the Z3 so that USA based cars met their emission controls in certain states. UK vehicles don't need it to meet UK emissions.

@t-tony used to, and may be still does make a blanking plate to fit to your engine block so that you can remove it altogether.

Ryan k

Hi jack , thanks for the reply , that sounds good if I could do that , I presume the blue pipe comes from the tank so this would need blanking ? And the one to left in first pic with the bent braided hose would need a female type blank where the squeeze clip is ? Am I posting this in the correct section lol ? 🤷‍♂️