Headlight dilema

Jamezee

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 sport, Z4 Coupe 3.0Si, E38 728i Oxford green and beige interior
After being struck by the flying car window on the motorway at night with the roof down, I have now got Zeddy back all repaired and tucked up in the garage. The repair job by Williams BMW in Manchester was fantastic. My dilemma is that part of the repair was a new nearside headlamp, this is great but my offside headlamp is original (nearly 10) and obviously not in as good nick as the new one...........................

Any suggestions to get the 'old' one up to scratch (pardon the pun) or should I just get another new one for the offside.

I am finding it difficult to cope with this issue as it is just 'not right' b-( It will have to stay in the garage until fit for public viewing. x_x

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
A mate has the same issue after a repair to his X5. It screams that the car has had a repair!

The best way forwards is a new headlight. Expensive, but at least they will match.

Garythefish

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
S54 Z3M
Cheaper to buy a used one to match the old one :D

Jamezee

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Cheers all :-bd

Think I might have a go with the megs first (Ta Mouldy) and see what the result is /:) Then if not happy get my £200 for a new one $-)

To be fair the old one is not that bad but you know what it is like with these things......

r37

Dedicated Member
if the megs cleaner doesnt work it might be worth getting some lamin-x film for them. They do either clear or a 6% tint film that should cover up small defects quite nicely. Somewhere around £40 shipped in from the states for a pre-cut front + rear set.

Jamezee

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Thanks for that, got a few tricks to try now before splashing out on a new one :-bd