Hardtop leaking

Daz3

Zorg Legend
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Hey guys just wanted a bit of advice. I've put my hardtop on again and it doesn't seem to sealing very well against the rubber and leaking in. To me I think the window is too high and possibly wants adjusting down a bit at the back. What do y'all think?

Attachments

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Tell me about it, with the soft top I have next to no problem, with the hardtop on I get water ingress by the A pillars. I have treated all the rubber seals and sealed the drain holes at the top of the windscreen on both sides but still no joy. I am at a loss..........:(

Daz3

Zorg Legend
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Did you pull the rubber bung out the a pillar seal before you sealed it? I then put the bung back in a bit further and plugged the top with a pu adhesive.

z3cade

Zorg Guru (III)
East Anglian Crew
Daz is there not adjustment on the rear brackets? Can the rear of the HT not be raised abit?

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Sorry, just got back from the pub....I left the bungs in place and sealed over them with some expensive stuff we have at work. I think that the soft top locks into place better than the hardtop and can not work out why yours is leaking from the back......?,,,,,,,, As Liam wrote, check the back brackets, maybe you have not locked it down correctly....?.........

B

badman gee

They shouldn't leak, and if they do they are not aligned properly.

Start a conversation with Ian (Aceman) I'm sure he has some fitting instructions.

Mark

Daz3

Zorg Legend
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Had a go at sorting this today I've raised the rear of the hardtop up which helped but was still leaking in. I decided to take the door card off and lower the window down and voila no leaky anymore. Also treated the rubbers to some gummi phledge if that's how you spell it :happy:

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Interesting, so you think, or now know, that the window was pushing on the rubber seals on the hardtop causing the leak, good to know. I will check mine when it goes back on but I am sure it is still the rubber plugs above the A.pillars on my car. I think I might have not done a good repair job.

Boysie

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster S50
I decided to take the door card off and lower the window down and voila no leaky anymore.
I didn't know you could adjust the windows that way, interesting info

Daz3

Zorg Legend
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Yeah if you take the door card off and lower the window you'll see and Allen headed bolt to the rear of the window mechanism. To lower the window you wind it clockwise and vice versa.