• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

eBay Gumtree Z3 2.8 97k miles £1,600!!

Wow a second bargain 2.8 on here this week, I thought the prices would be going up now some zeds are over twenty years old.the prices seem all over the place,some are mega bucks, then others cheap as chips.
Jimmy.
 
View attachment 71399
Yeps those were standard fit on 2.8 - that’s what mine looked like long ago before I finished it off properly :)
They are a very light wheel for OEM.

There are no 17 inch version of these wheels unless you mean the //M wheel like I run now:
View attachment 71400
Mine are actually Italian made replicas and also very light (7,5j all around). They also made these (the Italian replicas) in 18 inch which is super rare.
Not selling these ever!

A good 5 spoke wheel in 17inch in a similar style is the e46 like this:
View attachment 71401
Quite easy to find and should look great in shadow chrome to bring out the curves more.


That 2.8 is good price and nice spec, too many will be put off by replacing the bonnet (which in fact is very easy with two people) so probably will take ages to sell..

Nice wheels! Where do I recognise them from .........................................;)

Tony.
 
Nice wheels! Where do I recognise them from .........................................;)

Tony.
It used to belong a bloke who HAD good taste but then he sold it....
 
Anytime you like, it’s here and waiting!

Quite satisfying is taking an angle grinder to old car panels, especially older car ones like that.;)=))

Tony.
 
@Dino if that old Z3 had been a 2.8 or even a 3.0 I would still have it if I'm honest mate, but, I really do like my new old banger as a daily use car.:)

Tony.
 
i think its a bit of a shed actually.

Poorly specced and damaged (no heated seats, no sports seats)

also the wheels are hideous little coasters

Mot history looks ropey as had the same advisories since 2013 so looks like lack of maintenance.

if it was £1300 it would be worth it as i reckon that needs a fair bit of work
 
Looks like it needs a bit of body and costmetic work but if the car is mechanically sound then a bargain as can sort the rest over time
 
Agree, you need a Merc van or bigger or trailer. I measured a transit and it won’t fit. I had to hire a Merc van in the past.
Now I wrap them in duvets and plastic and strap them to the roof bars on my 4x4.
 
i think its a bit of a shed actually.

Poorly specced and damaged (no heated seats, no sports seats)

also the wheels are hideous little coasters

Mot history looks ropey as had the same advisories since 2013 so looks like lack of maintenance.

if it was £1300 it would be worth it as i reckon that needs a fair bit of work
Sounds like the vast majority of non-enthusiast maintained Z3s then ;)

All those advisories are now flushed out after fails on them last year though. And to be honest I wouldn’t necessarily fix advisories depending on what they were.
 
@Dino if that old Z3 had been a 2.8 or even a 3.0 I would still have it if I'm honest mate, but, I really do like my new old banger as a daily use car.:)

Tony.
It’s ok Tony, we forgive you ;)
 
Yeah, I couldn’t get the resolution so I texted the guy. Very little MOT left on it.I feel it is a project!
I think I may go and have a look but the other 2.8 on here looks like a much nicer car.
 
Nice one, thanks buddy. Does look like it has been a little unloved but I think I’ll take a look anyway. They all go on merit anyway. Not sure I have room for 5 ladies on my drive though! Ha ha. Gonna sell the San Remo and the 3.0 this summer so I’ll need something to keep me out of trouble.
 
They all good in the photos
 
Back
Top