• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

Gumtree Fiji 1.9

I am in Irvine working this week about 20 miles from Glasgow don't finish till 6 still happy to go give an initial once over got a good quality mot light tell you if worth a second viewing.
Looking at its mot history I'd be expecting a number of replaced items.
Brake pipe / shocks balljoints and exhaust.
Be wanting to see what the corrosion advisory actually are and how extensive.
Last mot done by Honda main agent up here do hope full proper test carried out and not a 'pals act ' mot.
 
Last edited:
girls colour... my boyfriend loves it...:whistle:..;)










(I do actually like fiji)

Easy there Petra.;) It's not weekend yet ....

Tony.
 
Update, I've an agreement that he will keep the car until Saturday, and meet me at Glasgow airport Saturday morning. Nice and cheap flight so all ok. If all goes well, cash will change hands and I'll be heading south! He works late, so previous viewing is not poss, thanks all your offers of help. Good adventure!
 
I am in Irvine working this week about 20 miles from Glasgow don't finish till 6 still happy to go give an initial once over got a good quality mot light tell you if worth a second viewing.
Looking at its mot history I'd be expecting a number of replaced items.
Brake pipe / shocks balljoints and exhaust.
Be wanting to see what the corrosion advisory actually are and how extensive.
Last mot done by Honda main agent up here do hope full proper test carried out and not a 'pals act ' mot.
I'm expecting that slight corrosion to be the cill ends, as most are. Drivers seat has wear, and the bumpers are repainted, he says that the rest is good.
 
Well, I took the flight up to Glasgow this morning, full of excitement, wondering what I would discover!

Sadly the car is not at all what I expected, its a tired example indeed. Car is quite faded, has more than a small bit of rust in the cills, rear window split, drivers seat in very poor condition, engine bay caked in dirt etc. On the plus side its a rare car, not expensive, may well be bought cheaper, but will really need a full restoration. Everything you don't see in detail in the photos, needs work. Seller is a nice bloke, I think he just likes to dabble in cars.

Took the next flight back, luckily I'm a BA pensioner so still get cheap flights that I can book immediately.

Days fun really!
 
:(
 
Blimey long day out for a car viewing. Shame it didn't work out for you.
 
I think it definitely needed to be viewed and it's a day out like you say...which panels are you looking to replace on yours? Would it be more economical to buy random panels and get them sprayed? The real unique thing with the Fiji are the seats, I think if it was me I might put a nice pair of black sports seats in and put the blue piped ones in storage if they are good ones..but I suppose it depends on how much you sit in them and how you take care of them.
 
Sounds familiar, Zeds I've bought on photo basis alone never live up to their image. Been burnt a couple of times. Always ask direct specific questions and still expect to be disappointed :-( Mind you as you say it was a bit of a wheeze, such excitement!!
 
I think it definitely needed to be viewed and it's a day out like you say...which panels are you looking to replace on yours? Would it be more economical to buy random panels and get them sprayed? The real unique thing with the Fiji are the seats, I think if it was me I might put a nice pair of black sports seats in and put the blue piped ones in storage if they are good ones..but I suppose it depends on how much you sit in them and how you take care of them.
Well none of the panels really! Was just hoping the the car was a nicely kept example, an there might be a chance of an improvement. Ive a scratch on one door, and scratches on the bumpers. I thought it was well priced, so just had a day out! It was not good though, had led a hard life, it wont be long before its on its one way trip to China. Made me feel good about the 2.8 though, in comparison its like new!
 
Sounds familiar, Zeds I've bought on photo basis alone never live up to their image. Been burnt a couple of times. Always ask direct specific questions and still expect to be disappointed :-( Mind you as you say it was a bit of a wheeze, such excitement!!
The photos looked good, but were very selective as usual. If a "for sale" ad doesn't show a good photo of the drivers seat, its for a good reason!
 
You have to look at these pictures and ask yourself "What are they not showing me?"

Tony.
 
Back
Top