Gookah's Progress Journal

Lee

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z4 Coupe 3.0si
I thought 2.45hours for a full subframe strip down was good :p we'll start showing BMW how to do it :D

Brian H

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
E36/7 3.0i - E85 Z4///M
I have the adjustable width version ramp from the same company, great bit of kit, its amazing how high the front and back get when fully wound up.

I did chuckle to myself when I saw you tilting the car backwards and forwards, I did this but did not have the pivot point right and the only way to stop the car from crashing down at the front was to jump in the boot!

You do need quite a powerful drill to wind it up/down though.

Reactions: Lee

Kevin Gerard

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
BMW Z3 2.2(M54)
Gookah, the car looks great. I like the rims a lot .. absolutely beautiful. All tastefully done.

Last edited:

gookah

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Z3
great write up
how did you find the bushes in use ,comfort noise etc
I have a small squeak on turning the steering wheel from the new bushes, but hardly noticeable. I fitted the coilovers, bushes and 19inch wheels all together so it is difficult to tell how much stiffer each has made the suspension, It is bumpier and somewhat harsher, but I suppose that comes with the territory. Sometimes I wonder how wise it was when going over bumpier roads, but forget all about it when I get to a corner.....

J90mud

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
z3m roadster
cheers 19"s wont work in lancashire,far to many pot holes and rough roads but we still have plenty of good driving roads to enjoy

SviRu

Zorg Legend
super nice car :)
My two cents or three cents.

I liked the car more with the chrome gills.
It looks awesome on schnitzer rims!
It begs for z3m bumper now! omg!

I love silver z3 they look out of this world. Every detail is so nicely pronounced...
Keep up the good work!

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto

Poprin

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
3.0 Roadster + *cough* MX5 project
I've just read through this thread from top to bottom and to say that I am impressed would be an understatement! I'm a long time car enthusiast but I've never quite managed to aim that enthusiasm towards getting my hands dirty. I think because I've never had anyone close to me that had any kind of mechanical ability I've always slotted it into the 'too difficult and scary' category!

I also live in Telford but I can't say I've ever seen your car about, but I guess it only comes out infrequently. Would love the opportunity to see it in the metal sometime... but I might get too jealous...

gookah

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Z3
thought I had better do some updates:

I had mentioned earlier that I had bought the larger inlet manifold and throttle body adaptor
This has ports that are the full D shape as opposed to the restricted oval.

Larger DISA:

I cleaned up the throttle body and had to grind some of the body for it to get all 4 bolts into the new adaptor:

It pulls exceptionally well right up to the limiter and is much, much faster. I knocked a half second off my time at Santa Pod and so I am well impressed with it.

Last edited:

gookah

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Z3
Next was to replace the TA Technix coilers with some AP ones, the difference was pronounced.

Obviously the price difference was for a reason, The crashiness disappeared and it handles really well.

Last edited:

BMBabe

Zorg Expert (I)
Staff member
Supporter
British Zeds
Community Admin
Model of Z
Z3
Next was to replace the TA Technix coilers with some AP ones, the difference was pronounced.

Obviously the price difference was for a reason, The crashiness disappeared and it handles really well.
Great work as always :thumbsup:
Owwwww whos gonna win this year at Pod :nailbiting:

BMBabe

Zorg Expert (I)
Staff member
Supporter
British Zeds
Community Admin
Model of Z
Z3
onto the winter look.
I had the hardtop wrapped in satin black to match the darker winter wheel/tyre combination:

looks good with a layer of frost:
Owww I really like that looks Cool!! :):thumbsup: