• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

eBay Good 2.8 project opportunity

mrscalex

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Joined
Jun 10, 2016
Points
165
Location
Swindon & Swansea
Needs a head gasket but otherwise looks a very decent start point for a project. If I didn't have so many projects on the go I'd offer a cheeky £900 and drop a replacement engine in.

New roof with serviced mechanism. New radiator. Decent panels. According to ad.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132271162435

upload_2017-7-24_11-0-58.webp


The Z3 breaker in Leamington Spa sells his engines cheap even if everything else seems to be expensive. Though he doesn't say how many miles it's done. But the point is you can get an engine for around £300.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z3-2-...193BHP-BMW-ENGINE-m52-2-8-VANOS-/112471853714
 
I need to stop looking at this before I do something I'll regret.

Decent looking interior. I have a pair of pre-facelift Sport seats needing light restoration that would look good in it :)

And a decent looking engine bay (albeit in need of a good clean) which is always a good sign.

Btw have not looked into history of car. And as usual do your own checking of the vehicle if you are interested - not a recommendation from me to buy it blind!
 
I can see 3 zorg stickers on it
As soon as you mentioned the stickers I had a second look. This used to belong to a lady called Angela who bought it for a charity thing called Club Le Mons. She kept asking about sorting the micros-witch on her roof, don't think she ever got it sorted - along with the seat bushes. I know she sold it on last year, and was in reasonable condition then.

This is it in better days - http://www.lemons365.co.uk/cars/bmw-z3/
 
As soon as you mentioned the stickers I had a second look. This used to belong to a lady called Angela who bought it for a charity thing called Club Le Mons. She kept asking about sorting the micros-witch on her roof, don't think she ever got it sorted - along with the seat bushes. I know she sold it on last year, and was in reasonable condition then.

This is it in better days - http://www.lemons365.co.uk/cars/bmw-z3/
Good memory Gaz. Nice to see old stock albeit not in it's best form.
 
If this where closer to me I would be tempted and would without doubt go and take a look.
 
might not even be a headgasket, looks like it overheated but not confirmed if they sniff tested it
 
Back
Top