G29 Retractable Top Error Message

kinesismotors

Hello everyone,

Reaching out for help on my ‘22 G29 M40i…

Recently I had my battery drain out by accidentally leaving an amplifier I was testing out. After getting the battery charged and the car running again, I ended up having to reset the vehicle data and clear some fault codes. Everything is working fine and no other changes except for my convertible top (iDrive reads something like: Retractable Top- Unable to determine if locked) BDC codes D91F44 & D91742 regarding CAN signals.

I attempted manually opening and closing the latch in hopes of resetting the sensor, unplug/plugging connectors, clearing all faults, etc.

The manual insinuates there are both front and back locks in the section where it talks about manually closing the top and to paraphrase “if you are only able to lock the front…” Also there are some BDC fuses (F1-F5) in the front pass footwell, but short of removing the front seat and carpeting they are nearly impossible to access and I’m not so sure that’s the culprit yet.

Does anyone have a solution? Or have experience with these codes/issue … Any input or advise would be greatly appreciated!!! THANK YOU

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 Individual Dakar / Orinoco Individual
Make sure all your window one touch programme is working after the battery discharge as this could cause hidden roof faults.
Stephen.

kinesismotors

Make sure all your window one touch programme is working after the battery discharge as this could cause hidden roof faults.
Stephen.
I actually thought of this hoping it would be a solution, but windows are functioning fine. I even reset them just to be sure.

I was also thinking, maybe there is a similar function for the convertible top to offer a reset through some sequence of the switch. I tried holding down/up and pressing repeatedly but to no avail. I can force the error message by holding it, so I’ve at least eliminated a faulty switch from the equation.

Thank you for replying though! 🙌🏼