Full Scan.

Rha

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 coupe sport.
Recently had the coupe scanned by good friend engineer using his Delphi equipment. We did a few of the major components that you’d get done on your BMW service, found no faults but this was not a iss (complete system scan) as we didn’t have the time. However he loaded the program on to my spare computer so I could go through what it was capable of, in my own time. Was so impressed that I sent for a reader same day.
The Delphi scanner arrived and he came back to help me do a complete system scan which M/Agent would do, it now showed 9 faults including intermittent faults. We went through these faults which included the front wiring harness fault that I rectified last week. All the other 8 we decided were probably due to interference maintenance which hopefully will clear.
To check this we cleared all faults and I was advised to run the vehicle a few miles then re-scann which should tell us whatever faults remain will need to be dealt with. All faults were deemed to be minor and would not affect the normal safe running. Will take vehicle out ASAP and post up results.
B4BA8439-4F33-4FE4-BC94-D2DE15AFB3C6.jpeg

83B68B96-1CD2-4112-AA4E-8BE1AFC1C723.jpeg

The scanner is Bluetooth and still works if I sit on a chair in my garage 10-15 feet away, nice and dark in garage so screen lights up real nice, plus if it’s raining I’m in the dry.

RHA,Roy.

Rha

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 coupe sport.
71BE8236-AC02-431C-A2B5-63D09265468C.jpeg

First scan and 9xfaults found under Multifunction.

401A86AE-BD8E-404A-8A99-874AE164B887.jpeg

Well went for a 25ml drive then done a full system scan and just as we predicted all the faults have not reappeared, which tells me that when you disturb anything on these Zs it’s a good idea to clear any faults that you may have created even by just doing normal maintenance tasks. Above pic and below list shows what the scan found in the first place.
1. A468. Cable break, intermittent.
2.E5C7. Communication: IBUS transmit fault-intermittent.
3. 39.left side high beam defective-intermittent.
4. 3A. Right side high beam (as above)
5. 76.washer nozzle heating. Open circuit- intermittent. This fault was found and repaired by me last week.
6. 8A. -alarm memory, front compartment monitoring.
7. 6127- steering angle. Intermittent.
8. - CAN communication fault.
9. - instrument cluster.
All these came up under Multifunction.

Todays full system scan.
2C32BFAB-ED16-4CF9-A205-7C1626B3D4F5.jpeg

So pleased that this vehicle has got a clean bill of health (scan system wise) and confirms what a well looked after Coupe I’ve managed to get myself even if it is a bit of an animal.:tumbleweed:.

RHA, Roy.:)

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Can't believe @Lee let you buy a dud like that :wideyed:. Just bloody wrong picking on a pensioner like that, he should be ashamed of himself =)).
Pleased your happy with it Roy, and it's looking darn good in the picture.:thumbsup:

Rha

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 coupe sport.
Can't believe @Lee let you buy a dud like that :wideyed:. Just bloody wrong picking on a pensioner like that, he should be ashamed of himself =)).
Pleased your happy with it Roy, and it's looking darn good in the picture.:thumbsup:
Have been keeping it clean Dave, but it’s stone chips will have to go. Just don’t know what to do to it to make it mine. Number plates have made a small difference but it’s always gonna be @Lee coupe. Only thing so far is the interior and that’s very subtle. Would put a huge spoiler on it but it’s already got a nice little one. =))
A33C9591-D364-4A54-B802-D3579785A060.jpeg

Roy.;)

PHILIP BAXTER

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 3.0i Roadster
Computer says " It's been thrashed to within an inch of it's life by the previous owner "........................

Jamezee

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 sport, Z4 Coupe 3.0Si, E38 728i Oxford green and beige interior
That coupe is a real belter :thumbsup: it is the best colour i reckon. It is next on my shopping list :)

Markemark

British Zeds
Model of Z
“5. 76.washer nozzle heating. Open circuit- intermittent. This fault was found and repaired by me last week.”

would very grateful if you’d share what you did replacement/reset to clear this. I’ve got both GM nozzles showing open circuit. But they’re showing as critical engine components

I’ve purchased 4x oxygen probes/sensors as I also have a bank 2, sensor 1 fault. And these probes apparently need to be heated up to work correctly.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Rha

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 coupe sport.
Hi Markemark, if my memory serves me right this fault was only apparent after checking the washer wireing under bonnet where it’s left to expand its length while opening the bonnet, although well insulated from factory it’s prone to cracking under the outer coating. I was very lucky to see the stress the cable obviously goes through if it’s pulled only slightly tight with the constant openings and closings over what was then about 10-12yrs. Stripped it back at the bend where it would be when bonnet closed and found broken wire. Please bear in mind this was a older model, my Delphi scanner can only work to 2014 models.
Somewhere on this site I sent t-Tony a couple of pics, I’ll try and find them and get back to you if I can. Did try and warn other site users at the time of this likely problem in the older models but you’ve probably missed it or joined us at a later date. Best thing you’ve done in my opinion is join us as since joining my three Zs have never been back to any garage except for tyres, best of all we have help at hand if your willing to travel to one of the well equipped Z Sheds. Great bunch of Z,ers that meet up and look after each other. Hope this helps, good luck.

done in my of luck.