F1 Formula 1 Gossip

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive

Fox Sports Australia

It seems our F1 hero has made a powerful enemy!

SOME say he is a future world champion, and that his smile is visible from a galaxy far, far away. All we know is that we’ve found one person that can’t stand Daniel Ricciardo.

It makes sense, really. If you were your TV show’s resident star driver, you’d be a bit upset at some F1 racer swanning in and upstaging you.
Ricciardo set a new F1 driver lap record in the ‘Star in a Reasonably Priced Car’ challenge, undercutting Lewis Hamilton’s record mark.

But he also undercut The Stig’s best lap in the Suzuki Liana by over two seconds.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Typical of the "big" man.:whistle:

Tony.

BMBabe

Zorg Guru (V)
Staff member
Supporter
British Zeds
Community Admin
Model of Z
Z3
Lewis is getting to cocky did you all hear the boooooss he got today!!

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive

Monday, 16 March

Red Bull says it will consider quitting if F1's engine regulations aren't changed.
Let's hope they don't read the story about Mercedes' expectations for Malaysia!

Red Bull chief technical officer Adrian Newey says it may take years for his team to challenge for the title again as there is "no light at the end of the tunnel" with engine supplier Renault.

Lewis Hamilton admits he is coming round to the idea of being regarded as a legend alongside the likes of golf's Tiger Woods.
Lewis Hamilton has twice been approached by Ferrari with a view to moving for the 2016 season, but the world champion has kept his word to Mercedes boss Toto Wolff and refused to open talks with the Italian team.

Jenson Button has warned Hamilton to be wary of a Nico Rosberg revenge mission after beating his Mercedes' team-mate to last year's world title.

Jenson Button says he sought assurances over the safety of the McLaren cars following the crash that has put his team-mate Fernando Alonso out of the Australian Grand Prix.
Williams' Formula One test driver Susie Wolff says she is "never going to change the male-dominated environment" in F1, and believes she would be wasting her energy if she tried.

McLaren team boss Eric Boullier says there "are still some grey areas to clarify" regarding the fitness and health of driver Fernando Alonso.

Williams have joined Mercedes in arguing against a proposed ban on wind tunnels for testing.
Red Bull team boss Christian Horner believes Formula 1 should consider a ban on windtunnel use as a radical cost-cutting measure.

Vettel has continued his tradition of giving his F1 cars girls' names. His Ferrari SF15-T is known as 'Eva', he told journalists in Melbourne.

Mexican Sergio Perez says former Sauber reserve driver Giedo van der Garde, 29, is correct to challenge the team for reneging on a contract to offer him a 2015 F1 seat, saying drivers should "stand up for their rights".

David Coulthard says he cannot understand why McLaren are lagging so far behind their rivals and believes the team's involvement in road cars is a distraction for them.

Red Bull driver Daniel Ricciardo admitted he was blushing live on television when pop star Kylie Minogue asked him for three autographs.
Kylie Minogue later tweeted: "Hey Daniel Ricciardo ... Now EVERYONE wants me to get your autograph!!!

Williams driver Valteri Bottas says he is a better driver this year as he bids to earn his maiden F1 win.
Yeah, right........

Red Bull's paddock spies snapped this picture of the drivers' parade lap cars for the Australian GP

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Is that a picture of Maldonado climbing out of his car?

Tony.

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive

Badger GP

What's with all the fuss with Red Bull?

It's just the first step in "The Five Stages of Christian Horner Being Beaten".

He'll hit acceptance by Malaysia.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Unless Ginger Spice can slap some sense into him. He's not a good loser, is he?

Tony.

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Looks like he's feeling badly let down by Renault.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Agree Dave, but just rewind 2 years and Renault were the best thing since sliced bread. What goes around, comes around.

Tony.

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Button says Mercedes doing nothing wrong.

McLaren driver Jenson Button says Mercedes is not doing anything wrong by dominating Formula One, despite Red Bull' calls for change.
"Would Red Bull be upset about it if they were the team out front by one second? No."

Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone has sided with Red Bull, saying the FIA has a mechanism in place to stop a team from dominating if it feels it has an unfair advantage.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Yes Bernie, talking about unfair advantages, remember blown diffusers, active suspension to name but two. Button is spot on.

Tony.