• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

For Sale F/S. M54 manifold upgrade, head unit... @Santa Pod?

gookah

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Points
170
Location
Shropshire
Model of Z
2.8 Z3
I have some items for sale

One is the M54B25 manifold and throttle body adaptor.
This will fit both the M52 2.8TU engine (I know), and the M52 2.0TU engine (I am led to believe)
Now there are a few manifold upgrade types and this is certainly far better than the standard oval ported manifold.
It is the same as the M54 engined 2.2 manifold, (2.2 owners need not apply they already have it)
This means it has the full D shape ports as opposed to the restricted oval standard ones.
The DISA is also larger than the standard ones, though not as big as the 3.0 manifold's DISA.

I fitted it to my 2.8 and it seriously made a vast difference, and, It is supposedly 'not as good' as the M54B30 manifold from the 3.0 cars.
I did not realise when I bought it that this was not the 3.0 version (which has an even larger DISA), so I have since bought and fitted the 3.0 version.

The thing is I have not noticed any further improvement over and above this M54B25 manifold..... so that was waste of time and money, especially now as the DISA supplied on the 3.0 rattles and that will cost me a good few extra quid to replace it!


Here is a thread about the conversion on the 2.0, though I am no expert on that version, as personally I have no experience of fit or performance gains.

https://zroadster.org/threads/m54-b-2-2-inlet-mainfold-with-disa.20942/page-2

If anyone is interested I can bring this to Santa Pod, and the cost is £75, which includes the adaptor plate and the DISA (neither are normally included on the eBay listed ones).
Everything else you have, will swap straight over as they share the same parts... CCV / hoses / injectors / Idle Control valve sensors.
43160989032_634ca19e78_o.webp



Next

I have an Xtrons D788A Car audio unit. It is android enabled with a pop out screen, has sat nav and a dash cam which records town SD card in the unit.It can also be used with a rear view camera (I did) works very well however it does protrude a bit and the screen covers the heater vents, though it can still be used with the screen folded in
Bluetooth phone and iPod connectivity
Plenty of images/details/videos on google.
Can use any Sat Nav program that you download via the play store and store the maps on a dedicated SD card. Has wi-fi built in so you can connect to T'internet though a dongle/ house wifi when in reach or mobile phone hotspot

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorized-Detachable-Multi-touch-Navigation-Bluetooth/dp/B010D22XHM

Again, its available at Santa pod for £60.
 
Last edited:
I'll be at Pod on a different stand this year. Happy to ferry this down south if anyone takes it.
 
I'll be at Pod on a different stand this year. Happy to ferry this down south if anyone takes it.
I'm having it mate hopefully. Will it be fitted down sooooooooouth? o_O
 
I'm having it mate hopefully. Will it be fitted down sooooooooouth? o_O
yeah man got no issues with that. Might be a long drive for a simple job. Up to you.
 
b******** hell :arghh::arghh::arghh:!!!. Yes Pete it is :(. If @Mnbrennan Is a twin I know he wants it though mate.
 
Although Pete has clearly stated this is for a twin vanos engine, it is for a twin vanos engine!! So it won't fit an earlier single vanos engine such as mine, so I can't have it :(. It's a bargain for someone though. Grab a bargain peeps. :thumbsup:
 
Although Pete has clearly stated this is for a twin vanos engine, it is for a twin vanos engine!! So it won't fit an earlier single vanos engine such as mine, so I can't have it :(. It's a bargain for someone though. Grab a bargain peeps. :thumbsup:
The single vanos upgrade from the 2.5 is so well known now that anyone breaking a 2.5 knows it. It’s seems If you find one under 200 it’s a bargain unless you find a a breaker who doesn’t know what it is..
 
Back
Top