Exhaust ideas

ge45ton

Zorg Legend
East Anglian Crew
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Hello all,
I bought my Z3 almost a year ago and have had a constant rattle from the exhaust hitting the rear subframe. The previous owner had a K***F** exhaust fitted and I had a new cat fitted last august, I've taken it to several exhaust centers but still can't get enough clearance to stop the noise. I was considering a stainless system off ebay but not sure of the quality and don't want anything too noisy (search for z3 stainless exhaust).
The other idea I had was to wrap the area with exhaust tape, this should pack out the space and stop the rattle, perhaps?
any ideas?

cheers

deano1712

Zorg Legend
Model of Z
Z3M
The hanger bracket on the subframe adjusts up and down a bit. Have you tried that in its lowest position?

ge45ton

Zorg Legend
East Anglian Crew
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
thanks for the reply but if its the one near the dif then I've had a fiddle with that already. ATS tried wedging a piece of rubber in it too, worked alright for a few days! I've fitted the bandage which seems to work ok for the moment but time will tell..

cheers

HornelZ3M

Zorg Addict
Supporter
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
Welcome from Wales mate. If you are really keen on the nice Z you have take it to a Longlife exhaust centre and have one made up, they are first class and dont cost the earth, no more rattles and a great sound ;)

ge45ton

Zorg Legend
East Anglian Crew
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Thanks Paul, had a look on their website and there is one not too far away, quite expensive but must be worth it if I'm keeping the car, what are they like for sound, not too loud?

HornelZ3M

Zorg Addict
Supporter
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
you can request what sound you need. i had a mid sport perforated twin pipe from the cat on my first Z and it was superb.
£385 then.

Z

zedonist

I am a plus 1 on long life, mine is also mid sport, sounds great.