ZTec

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
Cheers Roy :).
There is drone noise around 2k rpm,it resonates in the car but when you give it the beans it sounds really sweet and makes me chuckle.
Big kid

Dino D

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Manual
It will be louder and bassier when hot but shouldn't get considerably louder with time. My super sprint sounds better I think with age (it's about 6yrs now) but not louder. The only time it go much louder is when the exhaust clamp loosened and it blows.
Have a few runs and try out some tunnels, you'll either get used it or know you need to quieten it down.

I've widened the cutout to suit the bigger pipes as of course the exhaust will move around a bit and you can get a strange sound if it vibrates against the bumper. Easy to do with a Dremel if they drop the box.

Looks nice, enjoy!

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
There is drone noise around 2k rpm,it resonates in the car but when you give it the beans it sounds really sweet and makes me chuckle.
Bloody hooligan :thumbsup:;)

Tony.

Dino D

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Manual
You get a lot of bass around that rev range especially when hot but I drive around it by not lugging it in gear at those revs, after all why use 5th when 4th will do?

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
It will be louder and bassier when hot but shouldn't get considerably louder with time. My super sprint sounds better I think with age (it's about 6yrs now) but not louder. The only time it go much louder is when the exhaust clamp loosened and it blows.
Have a few runs and try out some tunnels, you'll either get used it or know you need to quieten it down.

I've widened the cutout to suit the bigger pipes as of course the exhaust will move around a bit and you can get a strange sound if it vibrates against the bumper. Easy to do with a Dremel if they drop the box.

Looks nice, enjoy!
cheers Dino that's really good to know,re noise level over the coming years.

The exhaust fitter did say he could open up the cut out but I said to leave it a while to see how it settles. May get him to do it now you've said it worked for you :thumbsup:

Rha

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 coupe sport.
I've leant to put up with the drone in cab Steve and can drop a gear to get rid of it most times, had it for around 8yrs now so it feels par for course. Enjoy your new sound, can't wait to hear it.

Roy.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I've leant to put up with the drone in cab Steve and can drop a gear to get rid of it most times, had it for around 8yrs now so it feels par for course. Enjoy your new sound, can't wait to hear it.

Roy.
Not long to wait mate.;) What did the chief test pilot think though?

Tony.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Tell you what Steve, if they did as good a job for you as they did on Ant's car I will love it. Will it come off easy?=)) At that type of price it may well end up further up the list.

Tony.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Oooo I'm gonna upset your neighbours tomorrow :p.
Not a chance mate, the old lad next door on the left is mutton and the anglers on the Lake will be cowering under their brollies by the looks of it.:( Should hopefully stay dry till we get back home to eat and play with code readers and Satnavs and stuff. Then all bets are off.

Tony.

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
:confused:
Not long to wait mate.;) What did the chief test pilot think though?

Tony.
We'll she was all smiles for the first ½ hour,then she put her young person music on loud, so more than likely I'll have to quieten it down a notch.....or maybe half ½......or maybe a ¼ ......:whistle:.

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
Tell you what Steve, if they did as good a job for you as they did on Ant's car I will love it. Will it come off easy?=)) At that type of price it may well end up further up the list.

Tony.
You'll have to take it out for a spin mate,it doesn't pull as hard as Ant's does since he had the remap but it certainly sounds fruity ;).

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
You'll have to take it out for a spin mate,it doesn't pull as hard as Ant's does since he had the remap but it certainly sounds fruity ;).
That remap is certainly worth looking at mate, have you driven Ant's car? I really enjoyed driving it back when me and Shirl collected it.

Tony.

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8

Roy.
Yep been doing that sometimes but I keep forgetting not to accelerate as I drop it down a cog :coolsteer):D.

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
That remap is certainly worth looking at mate, have you driven Ant's car? I really enjoyed driving it back when me and Shirl collected it.

Tony.
Not driven it mate but Ant took me out for a spin and it just pulls like a shire horse in any gear, definitely very noticeable and as you
say,I should put it on my list.......soon :thumbsup:.

Hey,you're spending my money again :wideyed:.

Your zed would sound rather good with a cat back from these guys mate.......and no you can't take mine off to try it on yours :p.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Not driven it mate but Ant took me out for a spin and it just pulls like a shire horse in any gear, definitely very noticeable and as you
say,I should put it on my list.......soon :thumbsup:.

Hey,you're spending my money again :wideyed:.

Your zed would sound rather good with a cat back from these guys mate.......and no you can't take mine off to try it on yours :p.
AWW meany .

Tony.

Antm72

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Glad they pulled through and got you sorted mate. Mine has just become a fuller sound over time no louder, that's just the loud pedal that you can't help squeezing =))
I had them add the other box whilst it was in there I as said I didn't want too loud was worried about it spoiling the car but it's enhanced it.
Have to agree though you Can not help but smile when you open it up its noisy but at least it's not a Corsa so it goes like it sounds :ymdevil: