Welcome to ZRoadster.org - BMW Z1 Z4 Z8 Z3 Forum and Technical Database

If you want to join in with the discussion, and see the areas which are available only to members then sign up now!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

er...wow! and a general thumbs up to all..

Discussion in 'General Banter' started by joey, Sep 8, 2013.

1. joey

joey Zorg Addict
    British Zeds The M44 Massive

Model of Z:
    1.9 16v M44
    just had a good look at the "how to reset service indicator" on the wiki, as I plan to do an oil change tomorrow,my little beauty has done 6k since I bought her in may and was last serviced in march with a change and flush..reckon she is on a about 7 or 8k since last service, however not sure exactly when the service indicator was last reset..

just did as per the wiki and wow! I cannot believe the difference in performance by just doing this small thing with a piece of wire..and once again I have to say what a fantastic resource and community this is on here, the knowledge base, experience and friendliness of everyone has really blown me away..

so far I have changed the washer pump, fixed the roof microswitch and re-set the service indicator, I will do the oil tomorrow and am about to pull the trigger on some of aceman"s seat bushes, a job I will do when I receive them, I have had offers of help from various members and advice on all of the above little jobs and it has given me the confidence as a novice mechanic where cars are concerned to do these things myself as I have somewhere to turn if i c*ck it up!

I think I can safely say all the jobs I have done as a result of the info and advice on here could have run into around £1000 with labour and OEM parts and at very least a few hundred, thats assuming the garage was able to correctly diagnose the problem and fix it quickly..so far I have spent the grand sum of £15 on fixing the washer pump and hood microswitch..this has allowed me to get on with enjoying driving my fully working Z3...

and I have to say driving it brings a smile to my face EVERY TIME!...and its nice to be a part of a community where we all feel the same about these lovely little cars..:)

@[USERGROUP=12]M44 Massive[/USERGROUP]

• Like Like x 2
  2. badman gee

badman gee Guest

Good stuff

• Like Like x 1
  3. GazHyde

GazHyde The Gaz Monkey
    Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator British Zeds

Model of Z:
    BMW Z4 3.0Si Sport
    Cheers Joey! :drinks:

I can remember (and I'm not that old by the way) when all I had was a Haynes manual and what my dad knew about cars...:D

• Like Like x 3
  4. badman gee

badman gee Guest

Can't beat the old haynes manuals.

5. GazHyde

GazHyde The Gaz Monkey
    Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator British Zeds

Model of Z:
    BMW Z4 3.0Si Sport
    Yeah, it was how I cut my teeth on fixing cars (and finger tips, knuckles and forearms or the occasional shin) :mad:

6. joey

joey Zorg Addict

Model of Z:
    1.9 16v M44
    dad was a french polisher! very skilled with wood but knew nothing about cars... and I trained and worked for 7 yrs as a guitar luthier before turning professional as a player so my abilities lay in other areas, some transferable skills but the understanding of internal combustion engine and cars in general eludes me somewhat,B.T.W if anyone needs any help or advice on any guitar related stuff i'm more than happy to help..!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mint

Mint Zorg Expert (I)
    Supporter British Zeds East Anglian Crew

Model of Z:
    1st Z3 | 2.2 | Sport | Individual 2nd - Z3 | 3.0 | Sport
    and me!!

8. Aceman

Aceman Moderator
    British Zeds 3rd Party Trader

Model of Z:
    ///M Roadster
    Joey,

Have you orderred the bushes as everyone who has orderred off me recently should have theirs so the above makes me worry slightly that I have forgotton to post some out. Let me know please. ;)

9. joey

joey Zorg Addict

Model of Z:
    1.9 16v M44
    No aceman I just havent got round to dealing with the paypal request,

You have not forgotten anything..:)

Will do that when i get home later..

Cheers

10. Aceman

Aceman Moderator
    British Zeds 3rd Party Trader