Welcome to ZRoadster.org - BMW Z1 Z4 Z8 Z3 Forum and Technical Database

If you want to join in with the discussion, and see the areas which are available only to members then sign up now!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebc pads which ones?

Discussion in 'Z3 Roadster & Coupé' started by Daz3, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Daz3

Daz3 Zorg Legend

Model of Z:
    2.8 Roadster
    I've just bought some redstuff front pads but not sure what to do with the rears. Do people run red all round didn't know if I'd get enough heat in them so thought about the blue ones which are endurance. Any suggestions will be great. I'll also be changing the thermostat and housing at the weekend as the engine temp keeps dropping.

2. GazHyde

GazHyde The Gaz Monkey
    Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator British Zeds

Model of Z:
    BMW Z4 3.0Si Sport
    My only experience is of the Green variety which were rather noisy when cold... %-(

3. Lewy

Lewy Dedicated Member

Once the ebc pads run down, go for Ferodo ds2500 all round, you will not look back!

4. swamper

swamper Zorg Guru (V)
    M Power

Model of Z:
    z3m
    i run yellow on the front and blue on the rear....people tend to forget that the rears take a lot of stick as well....the blue do need to get some heat in them before they kick in fully....but are ok from cold

5. peteslag

peteslag Zorg Legend

Model of Z:
    Z4 3.0 SE
    I ran red stuff all round, the brake balance was perfect but they did fade a bit when on the track.

I use Carbone Lorraine now, incredible pads :-bd

6. Gigsy

Gigsy Regular Member

YellowStuff are probably your best bet - I've used these on the road and on track days with no fade and good bite from cold. Will most likely be fitting a set to my Z3 when I get round to replacing them.

GreenStuff are not realy much better than stock, RedStuff are a step up but as mentioned above can fade when pushed hard plus are not much cheaper than YellowStuff. BlueStuff are great but are much more track / abuse oriented and a lot more expensive.