Archived EAC 'Southwold Stagger' Cruise - 12th April 2014

reddyzeddygo

Zorg Guru (II)
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3 1.9i
Continuing the EAC's scientific interest in transformative chemical reactions - specifically the fermentation process - the EAC's annual brewery tour cruise will be held on 12th April, at the Adnams Brewery in Southwold, Suffolk.

At the Brewery, the Group will investigate how base raw materials, such as malted barley, hops and water, are chemically transformed into much more precious items - like Adnams Broadside, Southwold Bitter, Ghost Ship, Explorer, and Lighthouse ales, Oyster stout and (thankfully) many more! :)

Cost is £12 per person, for the Brewery Tour, including a 'tutored' beer tasting and a bottle of Adnams beer to take home.

Proper scientific experimentation by attendees will necessitate the sampling of a range of the 'precious products' produced by the chemical process employed by Adnams. :drinks:

Since the after-effects of such experimentation cannot be foreseen with any certainty, it is proposed (on Health & Safety grounds) that an overnight stay be arranged for the night of 12th April, at a reasonably close hotel.

Those researchers wishing to join the EAC annual brewery tour cruise, please indicate attendance below.

Confirmed attending:
reddyzeddygo (Shaun & Karen)
EnthuZiaZt (Mike & Sandy)
Macca (Richard & Mary)
zedster4 (Barry)
allan/Shelly (Alan & Shelley)
z3cade (Liam & Caroline)

Cruise now closed to new attendees.

Brewery tour booked: 3.00pm on 12th April.

Overnight accommodation for night of 12th April booked at Carlton Manor Hotel, Carlton Colville.

Last edited:
B

badman gee

Hooray someone has organised a trip we can make!

Hopefully!

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
We're Coming Shaun, Hic!! Good idea to stay overnight, sleep anywhere after we've had a few.:hungover:

Where are we supposed to be staying? so that we can book a room. Do Adnams have a hotel for their guests?:drinks:

M&S

Last edited:

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 2.0 20i M Sport sDrive
Hi all , will see if I can get the night of work , maybe someone will change their night with me but with only 4 members of staff it's sometimes hard to do , fingers crossed , ;)

Macca

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.5l Msport
Put us down Shaun, it will be nice to have a break.

z3cade

Zorg Guru (III)
East Anglian Crew
Will have to see if we can get babysitter

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
Come on Mark, let's make it the whole crew!!! Even if you can't stay the night:)

M & S

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
Any luck with the overnighter, Shaun, Perhaps better get the tents out???:nailbiting:
Shame we can't rent a whole house between us!:D
Mike & Sandy

zedster4

Zorg Addict
East Anglian Crew
Thanks Shaun for putting me on the list :) Hopefully by then I'll be a bit more human:bookworm:

Hi guy's, haven't forgotten you:sorry: It's been a real crazy start to the year:banghead: Looking forward to seeing you all on the 12th:drinks:

Bazza:coolsteer)

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
Good to hear you are gradually surfacing, Bazza.:happy: Shaun is enquiring whether we are eligible to stay overnight at the 'YMCA', so we had all better get converted!!!:ymdevil:

M & S

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Sorry guys we won't be able to make this as it's the same weekend as the West Country Cruise which we have already booked in for. Never mind see you later in the year in the Lakes or sometime before… Newark??

reddyzeddygo

Zorg Guru (II)
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3 1.9i
Adnams stipulated that they would only keep places on the 12th April brewery tour 'held open' for us until today, because they were already receiving requests to book on the tour from several other people. I've, therefore, had to advise them the 11 persons listed in the first post above are booking on the tour and, sadly, therefore, must declare this EAC cruise as 'closed' to any more attendees. :(

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
:) Hi Shaun how do we go about paying for the tour, do we pay now or on the day thanks ;)

reddyzeddygo

Zorg Guru (II)
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3 1.9i
:) Hi Shaun how do we go about paying for the tour, do we pay now or on the day thanks ;)
Adnams stipulated that full payment be made for all 11 of us booking on the tour at the time that I confirmed the number of attendees, so I've paid the lot upfront. I'll be grateful to receive reimbursement (£12 per person) from everyone on the day of the tour. ;) :)

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
:) Thanks reddyzeddygo , we will give you the money on the day then ,;)

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
Adnams stipulated that full payment be made for all 11 of us booking on the tour at the time that I confirmed the number of attendees, so I've paid the lot upfront. I'll be grateful to receive reimbursement (£12 per person) from everyone on the day of the tour. ;) :)
Email your bank account details over, Shaun and we will transfer the money tonight:)

Mike & Sandy