Write Up Driving Scotlands NC500...Again

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Just back from a great driving holiday in Scotland with Pauline and @Bozzy and @Amy H. Pauline and I did the NC500 a couple of years ago but it was nice to do it again with another Zed. It's a shame it's so far to the start in Inverness, took a couple of easy days just too get to the start. We broke the journey at Dumbarton just north of Glasgow then had a scenic run through the Cairngorms to get to Inverness. After a good rest we started the 500 in earnest but detoured to go round The Black Isle then another detour just after Tain. We headed West over Bonar Bridge then onto Lairg before returning back towards the coast to pick up the A9. I can't remember who suggested it but it was a superb Zedding road, so thanks whoever you were. After the obligitory stop for photos at the John o Groats signpost, we finished the day in Thurso. Next day we travelled West hoping to visit Smoo Caves, Unfortunately there was no room in the car park so will have to visit another time. We finished our day in Lochinver. Next day was down to Lochcarron including going over Applecross. The weather at the top was awful. Blowing a gale and pouring with rain, didn't even get out of the car for a photo. But overall there is lovely scenery over on the West Coast. The final day of the 500 took us over to Inverness before travelling South along Loch Ness and back to Dumbarton via Glencoe. Then it was the final day of the holiday returning home on Friday.
So, weather wise, it was ok, I had been saying I'd be happy with dry and it was [mostly]. We had the roofs down for probably 90% of the time, I'm happy with that.
Drank plenty of Guiness in the evenings, drank loads of coffee in the day but ate way far too much cake. 1500 miles in total, the Zed never missed a beat
A superb holiday with great friends, we'll have to do another one now.
A few pics...
IMG_001.JPG
IMG_002.jpg
IMG_008.jpg
IMG_009.JPG
IMG_011.JPG
IMG_013.JPG
IMG_020.JPG
IMG_021.jpg

Rod and Kate

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Z3
Nice one, that's what it's all about, safe journeys and safe returns XX

Toby

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Nice - that cakes looks superb Dave :thumbsup: :cool:

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport

bronty

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 auto pre facelift
Looks great trip some beautiful scenery
Bring back memories
As i used to get sent to Thurso when I was an apprentice draftsman did not do much work just got very drunk every night,

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport

Rod and Kate

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Z3
Just back from a great driving holiday in Scotland with Pauline and @Bozzy and @Amy H. Pauline and I did the NC500 a couple of years ago but it was nice to do it again with another Zed. It's a shame it's so far to the start in Inverness, took a couple of easy days just too get to the start. We broke the journey at Dumbarton just north of Glasgow then had a scenic run through the Cairngorms to get to Inverness. After a good rest we started the 500 in earnest but detoured to go round The Black Isle then another detour just after Tain. We headed West over Bonar Bridge then onto Lairg before returning back towards the coast to pick up the A9. I can't remember who suggested it but it was a superb Zedding road, so thanks whoever you were. After the obligitory stop for photos at the John o Groats signpost, we finished the day in Thurso. Next day we travelled West hoping to visit Smoo Caves, Unfortunately there was no room in the car park so will have to visit another time. We finished our day in Lochinver. Next day was down to Lochcarron including going over Applecross. The weather at the top was awful. Blowing a gale and pouring with rain, didn't even get out of the car for a photo. But overall there is lovely scenery over on the West Coast. The final day of the 500 took us over to Inverness before travelling South along Loch Ness and back to Dumbarton via Glencoe. Then it was the final day of the holiday returning home on Friday.
So, weather wise, it was ok, I had been saying I'd be happy with dry and it was [mostly]. We had the roofs down for probably 90% of the time, I'm happy with that.
Drank plenty of Guiness in the evenings, drank loads of coffee in the day but ate way far too much cake. 1500 miles in total, the Zed never missed a beat
A superb holiday with great friends, we'll have to do another one now.
A few pics...
View attachment 301449View attachment 301451View attachment 301453View attachment 301455View attachment 301457View attachment 301459View attachment 301461View attachment 301463
Looks like a great journey you all had, but never mind the cake, your nails look lovely Dave,