Dirty fuel

Zed Chimp

Zorg Addict
So I completed the 564 mile drive from my daughter's house in the highlands back home on the south coast last Sunday, around 9 and a bit hours including a couple of stops. I filled up from empty on the Saturday night using the normal E5 at a village garage near Aviemore . The car didn't feel quite right until I got down to Warrington and filled up again, nothing serious just a bit hesitant . New fuel and the car ran faultlessly for the rest of the trip .Got me thinking that perhaps the E5 might have been sat in the stations tank for a while , probably not the fuel of choice as most people seem to drive 4x4 diesels up there .

Got me thinking does anyone ever check the quality of the fuel these places sell us for nearly £8 a gallon or can they just sell us any old crap?

Z Victor 1

Formerly "Ontiken1"
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Zedless!
Fuel quality can certainly be an issue. A few years ago driving my Z3 2.2i sport through France after filling up for the first time over there the engine warning light came on. The car still ran OK so I thought it might just be an emission sensor or something.Anyway the light stayed on through France , but after arriving back in the UK with an almost empty tank I filled up after getting off the ferry. A few miles up the road the light went off and never came back on so I put it down to the fuel over there. In fact speaking to some bikers waiting for the ferry they were moaning about the fuel in France.

Z Victor 1

Formerly "Ontiken1"
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Zedless!
My other moan about getting fuel in France is that everywhere seems to be pay by card at the pump and at many that I have stopped at there was often an irrate frenchman kicking the pay machine because it wouldn't work!