Detailing - masking tape

Titan

British Zeds
Model of Z
sDrive35i
Ok
This might seem a daft question to all you mad detailers
What's the difference between the buff beige coloured masking tape that decorators use and the blue stuff that seems to be in all the detailing reports?

Regards
Terry

Summit Detailing

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Resident Detailer
Model of Z
Mercedes C320CDI AMG Sport Estate - Tenorite Grey
So the 3m 3424 blue tape is 'low tack' meaning it shouldn't leave behind any sticky residue. I've found this to be very much condition dependent & rubber window mouldings for example still need a wipedown after removing said tape if working outside in the sun.

The normal beige tape works just fine for me :) & is vastly cheaper to buy.

Happy taping!

B

badman gee

The blue tape is great. I've used it to protect the front from stone chips on a long run!

Titan

British Zeds
Model of Z
sDrive35i
rubber window mouldings for example still need a wipedown after removing said tape if working outside in the sun.

The normal beige tape works just fine for me :) & is vastly cheaper to buy.
Next daft question - what is "sun" ;)

Good news on the decorator's tape - I've got loads of it in the garage :)

Sent from m'iPhone using TappetTorque

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
Mark uses at least two large rolls of the blue tape each time he takes the Z out, Keep thinking it would be cheaper to buy a Bra!:ymdevil:

Sun! I think I've heard of it somewhere, no doubt an occurence of it would be reported on the National News.:D

B

badman gee

Mark uses at least two large rolls of the blue tape each time he takes the Z out, Keep thinking it would be cheaper to buy a Bra!:ymdevil:

Sun! I think I've heard of it somewhere, no doubt an occurence of it would be reported on the National News.:D
Oh yes