Write Up Dales & Northumberland Run.

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Finally cracked it and got the C-in-C out Zedding for a whole weekend, hippy hat included!

Based at Poud Farm, Crook, near Kendall we did the full Dales Run on Saturday followed by a 'suck it and see' Northumberland run on Sunday. 480 miles in total with circa 370 roof down miles. Roof up to and from as apparently the C-in-C thought we still had the Ford Gallaxy so needed to store stuff in the roof void :oops:

What a run on Sunday! Crook then north on the A6 towards Penrith then over to Alston and up and over Hartside Pass (best road in the UK, for me, by a mile). Over to Bellingham, Kielder, Hawick then back down the A7/A6 towards Crook, what a drive!!!! Best one I've done in the UK, by a distance so I'll include that when life permits.

25m from home this morning at Keswick and bosch, flat tyre! A two inch nail. Now I could've plugged it but I had to drive about 300 yards to safety so spacesaver on so thought best not, residual pressure let out, Yvonne on the bus :whistle: and my wheel wrapped up on the passenger seat and plodded home at 50mph arriving safe and sound.

Mobile tyre fitted wanted £200 to come and fit a new tyre =)) comedy!

That aside, the lowered suspension is going. Far too crashy and bangy with two up and a full load.
20240224_105136.jpg

20240224_112102.jpg

20240224_114301.jpg

20240224_113125.jpg

20240224_131244.jpg

20240224_131338.jpg

20240224_132631.jpg

20240224_151922.jpg

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Cannot disagree regarding susppension Andy. England’s roads just aren’t up to it these days.:(

Tony.

andyglym

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
One of the reasons I sold my Z3 2.2 sport was that the other half wasn't comfortable with the sport seats and lower suspension. The roads are pretty awful almost everywhere.
True. Just me on my tod and it's fine, two up and luggage on lowered suspension is just too crashy.

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 Individual Dakar / Orinoco Individual
Great post Andy bar the end bit with the tyre.

Having driven Stevie's zed and mine back to back at the weekend much prefer mine for the way it deals with our roads and their less than quality condition.
Stephen.

andyglym

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Great post Andy bar the end bit with the tyre.

Having driven Stevie's zed and mine back to back at the weekend much prefer mine for the way it deals with our roads and their less than quality condition.
Stephen.
Thanks mate 👍

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Probably just down to saving weight?

Tony.

Jam03

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.2i
Looks awesome, glad you guys had a good trip. Thanks for sharing. I’m looking up Hartside Pass!

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Brilliant news Andy. Great to see Yvonne out in Bella at last. From what you are saying about the suspension there's going to be more times too.
We find our sport is fine two up and fully loaded. How about 15mm spring pads to raise yours to the same as mine. Just a thought.
Great pics but shame about your tyre.

andyglym

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Brilliant news Andy. Great to see Yvonne out in Bella at last. From what you are saying about the suspension there's going to be more times too.
We find our sport is fine two up and fully loaded. How about 15mm spring pads to raise yours to the same as mine. Just a thought.
Great pics but shame about your tyre.
Yeah, I was googling last night Dave, looks like it could be the answer.

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
Great pics Andy, I recognised a few places. Odd about your suspension, you have (I believe) the same setup on your Z3 as I have on the Z4, Eibachs / B8s? I really didn't find a change in comfort but I did in handling and we have loaded her up and done many miles, different cars I guess. Obviously with the car loaded and 2 people it's going to affect the way the car feels and drives.

But I have a tried and tested cheaper solution for you, buy smaller suitcases. :whistle: :thumbsup: =))

andyglym

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Looks like a good trip - is this essentially the routes then for the end of April? Re the lowered suspension, theres no need to preach to the converted - the Z4 is going in for its 2nd splitter repair at the weekend !!
It would be the routes Lee but the C-in-C is waiting fir her next set of treatment at the RVI, Newcastle so the run was cancelled some time ago. When life permits I'll get it back on the agenda

andyglym

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Great pics Andy, I recognised a few places. Odd about your suspension, you have (I believe) the same setup on your Z3 as I have on the Z4, Eibachs / B8s? I really didn't find a change in comfort but I did in handling and we have loaded her up and done many miles, different cars I guess. Obviously with the car loaded and 2 people it's going to affect the way the car feels and drives.

But I have a tried and tested cheaper solution for you, buy smaller suitcases. :whistle: :thumbsup: =))
Yeah, same as mate, just too crashy with 6 months worth of luggage for two days =))

andyglym

Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster