Cup holders, I DREAM of cup holders, but still . . .

Iamjonw

Zorg Legend
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Widebody Roadster
Absolutely disagree Tony, would be a bigger distraction not to know where to put my coffee in case I need to operate the entertainment system whilst holding my phone in the other hand 🤔
I hope you put your Big Mac down first, especially if holding a hot coffee, don't want to scald Big Jim and the Twins :thumbsup:

demig

Zorg Addict
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 Roadster
Similar mileage for me and never drink a coffee on the go, far too distracting. When you see the figures of sales folk who get killed on the roads or in bad accidents it puts you off.....

Also I get allowance so own my car and don't have a lease one so spilling it would be bad :D

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I don't see the difference between using your phone in your car while driving and lifting a drink to your mouth, coffee or other.

Tony.

demig

Zorg Addict
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 Roadster
I don't see the difference between using your phone in your car while driving and lifting a drink to your mouth, coffee or other.

Tony.
Don't use my phone as well. People can wait. my voicemail says I'm driving and will call you back. Never seems to cause a problem

Geoff Crispin

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 1.9 & 3.0
Well, that escalated quickly, that wasn't expected . . .

I just found it interesting. Designing a cupholder so susceptible to problems that were entirely forseeable.

I would still like a (sensible) cup holder though . . .
I have cup holders that slot in the door pockets with BMW S/S bottles that fit tight but only anygood for cold drinks as dont keep hot drinks hot, but always stop and get a Costa

Dunkelgrun

Dedicated Member
American Zeds
Model of Z
Those dang Americans and their cup Holders! 🤬 I have to admit I exchanged my cassette holder for and arm rest with a single cup holder in the console area... but it only holds a small coffee and usually it has a jar of hand sanitizer there.
I recently picked up an old Pathfinder and it has like 12 cup holders, I kid you not! They are big enough for my daughter put her pint of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream! But only when she is the passenger, she is just learning to drive and keeps both hands on the wheel at all times of course