Cup holder test run.

Oddly Godly

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
z3 2.8
Just been for a spin in the zed and can confirm my £19.00 3d printed cup holder from ebay fits a medium costa coffee cup perfectly 😃😃😃
20240428_105604.jpg

Garsington

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Coupe
Funnily enough, just posted this on the Coupe owners facebook group, might help those with the OEM Cup holders.

Love them or hate them, nobody will argue that the ring that comes with the OEM centre console adapter is a ridiculous size on the basis it doesn’t fit cups!

I decided I wanted to sort this out for the rare days I use the car to commute and didn’t want to spend a fortune on 3d printed versions that arguably don’t look 100% OEM. This is what I came up with.

Cheap universal cup holders from eBay
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/39487167...8dJf30-T_C&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
trimmed to the correct height with a dremmel. And a slim bit of adhesive backed neoprene at the back of the ring to make it mm perfect.

In my opinion looks great, now actually fits my (bmw branded) travel mug and didn’t cost the earth.

IMG_3402.jpeg

IMG_3431.jpeg

Dino D

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Manual
Just been for a spin in the zed and can confirm my £19.00 3d printed cup holder from ebay fits a medium costa coffee cup perfectly 😃😃😃
View attachment 298985
This is cool.
Replaces tge ashtray by the looks of it?

can it be ‘friction’ fitted further back - ie just pushed in (maybe some velcro or to hold down). Idea being I’d like it further back so the cup of overpriced burnt coffee is not impeding access to the gear stick)

AntStark

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2002 3.0 Sport
I am sure it would fit further back but you would need something to hold it down..and then you are left with a hole at the front. It uses the screws that fix the ashtray down.
No gearstick problem for me 😎
IMG_2261.jpeg
IMG_2263.jpeg

Oddly Godly

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
z3 2.8
After finding an air freshener to fit the cup holder I found an even better one. Lynx air fresheners fit perfectly. I have added a gell badge on top to cover the word Lynx. Also I replaced the air freshener gell inside with the inside of the previous air freshener. I should be able to top up the fragrance with a few drops of essential oils when it gets low.
20240613_063211.jpg