Coupe ownership so far

Lee

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z4 Coupe 3.0si
I'm 6 weeks into ownership and still waiting for the V5 so I can fit my plate. The handling is perfect, driving it hard needs nowhere near the amount effort like my old Z3M and not as raw as my Cerbera was. The only thing I'm still struggling with is the electric power steering its a little numb, it's like loosing one of your sense's when driving. I managed to improve the handling further fitting Eibach springs couple of weeks ago, Gary has a standard Si so we went out driving each others cars back to back, it felt so much more confident in the corners well worth the few hours work changing over the springs. In-between times I fitted some lightweight TSW alloys with fresh rubber and uprated the discs/pads to EBC usr discs with yellow stuff pads, I didn't realise how much this improved things till I drove Gary's Si and nearly over shot a junction.

I chose the Coupe over the roadie because I wanted the chassis to be just that little bit more stiff, I believe it's not so much an issue with the Z4 but my old Z3M really moved around a lot when driving it hard, Also my better half has a Z3 so thought it didn't make sense to have two verts.

So bringing up to this weekend I fitted the short BMW aerial and had the car professionally detailed. I lost how many stages the car went through prepping, I really learnt a lot. 2000grit paper over the scratch's then polish them out. He also picked up one of the front wings had been replaced because of the paint being different although I couldn't see this. It was also good to learn how to use these new clay mit's to remove the grim out the paint. Be rude not to include some photos.

IMG_3808.JPG

IMG_3813.JPG

IMG_3812.JPG

IMG_3810.JPG

Lee

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
Now, that really does look the business @Lee, I think blue cars in general look fantastic when the small swirls and scratches have been sorted out, your paintwork now looks stunning. What colour blue is it? Montego Blue.

Mike

Lee

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z4 Coupe 3.0si
Now, that really does look the business @Lee, I think blue cars in general look fantastic when the small swirls and scratches have been sorted out, your paintwork now looks stunning. What colour blue is it? Montego Blue.

Mike
Thanks, Yeah its Montego blue. By far my favourite of the blues.

Lee

BMBabe

Zorg Expert (I)
Staff member
Supporter
British Zeds
Community Admin
Model of Z
Z3
Awwww looking good @Lee I hope Martin and me catch you on Sunday as I will be gutted to miss you both and seeing the work on the Z4

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 2.0 20i M Sport sDrive
Lovely looking Z you have @Lee :p
the colour is great ;)

Bazza

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
love the look of them wheels, makes the car look meaner:thumbsup:Lee try not to polish the paint off=))

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8i AUTO and 2.8i MANUAL
Awesome looking motor :thumbsup:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
That looks the dogs now Lee. Paintwork like a mirror.

Tony.

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Has to be said that I would love a Coupe, much more attractive than the Roadster and has a bit more road presence to it. A real head turner!

Low Rider

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
I'm 6 weeks into ownership and still waiting for the V5 so I can fit my plate. The handling is perfect, driving it hard needs nowhere near the amount effort like my old Z3M and not as raw as my Cerbera was. The only thing I'm still struggling with is the electric power steering its a little numb, it's like loosing one of your sense's when driving. I managed to improve the handling further fitting Eibach springs couple of weeks ago, Gary has a standard Si so we went out driving each others cars back to back, it felt so much more confident in the corners well worth the few hours work changing over the springs. In-between times I fitted some lightweight TSW alloys with fresh rubber and uprated the discs/pads to EBC usr discs with yellow stuff pads, I didn't realise how much this improved things till I drove Gary's Si and nearly over shot a junction.

I chose the Coupe over the roadie because I wanted the chassis to be just that little bit more stiff, I believe it's not so much an issue with the Z4 but my old Z3M really moved around a lot when driving it hard, Also my better half has a Z3 so thought it didn't make sense to have two verts.

So bringing up to this weekend I fitted the short BMW aerial and had the car professionally detailed. I lost how many stages the car went through prepping, I really learnt a lot. 2000grit paper over the scratch's then polish them out. He also picked up one of the front wings had been replaced because of the paint being different although I couldn't see this. It was also good to learn how to use these new clay mit's to remove the grim out the paint. Be rude not to include some photos.

View attachment 29482

View attachment 29483

View attachment 29484

View attachment 29485

Lee
Photo 4. Awesome

Carl Latham

British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0si coupe
Nice coupe, like the contrast of the blue and dark wheels. I like the wheels and think they would look good on my silver coupe, what size are They? may consider those for the future.

Reactions: Lee

Lee

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z4 Coupe 3.0si
Nice coupe, like the contrast of the blue and dark wheels. I like the wheels and think they would look good on my silver coupe, what size are They? may consider those for the future.
They are 18" and running the same profile tyres so I dont upset the handling.