Copying threads over from roadster.net

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is an easy way of copying over some of my threads over from the .net site. Primarily Im thinking of a journal on here but would like too include all the starter threads for my Zed where I have done my little modifications, dont wish too copy all the posted replies but just my first initial post for the threads I started. I can only seem to do a search on my posts of which there are 4000 :-?

Cheers,

Tim. s:lol

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Tim,

This is the way I did it.

1. Load each site in a different browser window.
2. On .net, click the 'edit' button next to the post you want. Select the contents of the post and copy it.
3. Switch to .org, click Post Reply in your thread and paste the contents. Click submit.

By 'editing' the post, it shows all the tags and links, so they are copied across intact. Took me 15mins to recreate my progress thread.

I also made a note of the date I made the original post for reference. Put it at the top of each post in bold.

Hope that helps/makes sense.

Gary

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0si Individual Ruby Black Last one produced in this colour combo
I believe the only way will be to copy and paste, could be wrong.
bill

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
Cheers bill and Gary :-bd
oh sorry lol yes it will be easy to copy them over once I have found a thread, I was just thinking if there was a way on the .net site of find all my threads in one go? otherwise I will have to do a search I guess for each individual thread, if that makes sense lol.

Cheers,

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
GazHyde said:
Sorry, I thought you had a progress thread Tim.
No, he is trying to find his video of the car reversing out of the garage and then driving back in........... s:lol

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0si Individual Ruby Black Last one produced in this colour combo
That should be easy to find Hardtop it will only be once a year s:D
bill

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
haha bloody funny :ymdaydream:

I've started my journal \:D/ not as bad as I thought finding my threads on .net and copying them across, will leave the video until last :))

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
TitanTim said:
oh sorry lol yes it will be easy to copy them over once I have found a thread, I was just thinking if there was a way on the .net site of find all my threads in one go? otherwise I will have to do a search I guess for each individual thread, if that makes sense lol.

Cheers,

Tim if you find your user name on the member list there is a link to find all your posts - Clicking this should work if you're logged in .net

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
Snoops said:
TitanTim said:

Cheers,

Tim if you go on your profile then one of the choices is see all your posts... albeit you have quite a lot, they are listed.
Thanks Snoopy Snoops, I've managed to find them all #:-s and started a journal and copied across :ymparty:

Glad I have done this as worried if .net should perish theyre gone forever :ymdaydream:

Tim.