Continental head unit

paulgjohnston

Dedicated Member
Just to confirm then. I should be able to simply remove the Sony radio I have and plug a new one into the existing wiring set up?

duckhunt

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
Just to confirm then. I should be able to simply remove the Sony radio I have and plug a new one into the existing wiring set up?
Yes. Mine connected straight to the bmw wiring, although bear in mind the Sony might have a wiring adapter at the back, which should be removed with the Sony unit

Wiz

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Auto
I have a sony blue radio unit fitted to my Z3 not pleasing to the eye. I have sourced a continental unit and I am presently asking questions with seller in regards to the feasibility of it fitting into my z3 radio dock before I take the plunge and buy the same. I do like the look of this unit and it looks to have handsfree for a mobile phone too.Can you help me on this one. Any feedback welcome.
s-l1600.jpg

Ianmc

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 (M44)
My personal preference for an aftermarket unit that fits with the OEM look is the Becker cascade (bought one new about 10 years ago and is fitted in my MC). No longer made unfortunately and second hand ones seem to sell for north of £500. That said, this unit looks good and good functionality (less sat nav). Is the colour adjustable? Could do with being a bit darker to match (being picky). When you have made your buy/no buy decision could you share the asking price please? I would like something like this for my Z3.

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
I have a sony blue radio unit fitted to my Z3 not pleasing to the eye. I have sourced a continental unit and I am presently asking questions with seller in regards to the feasibility of it fitting into my z3 radio dock before I take the plunge and buy the same. I do like the look of this unit and it looks to have handsfree for a mobile phone too.Can you help me on this one. Any feedback welcome.View attachment 71069
I'm sure @duckhunt can comment??

TaffDaddy

Zorg Guru (III)
@Wiz I've got this headunit. Sounds goods with USB, Bluetooth etc. The only thing with it is that it's not connected to the ignition for some reason but haven't tried to find out why.

Does look in keeping with the dash as well

David

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Sometimes you may find that the ignition fed (switched) live and the permanent live need to be switched over.

Tony.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
That is true, but, there's less chance of leaving it on to drain the battery if it runs through the ignition!

Tony.

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Once you are used to it, you will never leave it on.
You turn off the radio in your house I take it?

Wiz

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Auto
My personal preference for an aftermarket unit that fits with the OEM look is the Becker cascade (bought one new about 10 years ago and is fitted in my MC). No longer made unfortunately and second hand ones seem to sell for north of £500. That said, this unit looks good and good functionality (less sat nav). Is the colour adjustable? Could do with being a bit darker to match (being picky). When you have made your buy/no buy decision could you share the asking price please? I would like something like this for my Z3.
Wh
Once I have made my choice I will let you know.

Regards Wiz