Cloudy headlights

Grimstead

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
3.0i
Are you sure it's not dirty embedded in the plastic? Mine looked like that so I rubbed them over with some 2000 wet not dry then buffed with g3 on a damp pad, came up like new

53dke

Grimstead said:
Are you sure it's not dirty embedded in the plastic? Mine looked like that so I rubbed them over with some 2000 wet not dry then buffed with g3 on a damp pad, came up like new
What is g3?

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Z

zedonist

Its a common problem on early Z4's, found that out from Mike Brewer when I was late to work the other morning ;), it is either a weak seal, around the headlight bezel (mastic), or poor seating of the bulb holders, either way you can force the moisture out as Z3cade has stated in the oven, but you need to address how the moisture got in, ideal excuse for some angel or devil eyes me thinks:ymdevil:

z3cade

Zorg Guru (III)
East Anglian Crew
Put them in the oven for ten minuits, one light unit at a time on the lowest setting.. Then you'll be able to pull the glass apart from the unit. The heat makes the sealant loosen. When you want to put the light back together just re heat the light for 5 mins then push back together ;)