cleaning product reviews

B

badman gee

Hello all,

how about having a section we can add to that contains personal reviews of cleaning products that we all use?

it would be good if we could have reviews for products for the following:

car body washing

car body polishing

car body waxing

car wheel cleaning

car wheel polishing/protection

soft top cleaning

soft top protection

engine bay cleaning

interior carpet cleaning

interior dash cleaning

car seat cleaning leather/cloth

car seat protection leather/cloth

car window cleaning

car window protection

it would be good if people can score products out of 10 for very good and 1 for poor etc.

what do people think?

gazza can you help with the format for this?

man thanks

mark

HornelZ3M

Zorg Addict
Supporter
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
You are wasting your talents on here Mark, you should go out on your own ;)

Badmangeecarcare.com

HornelZ3M

Zorg Addict
Supporter
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
Product reviews.

I have probably tried and have everything that everyone have tried and recommended. But i have only in the past used Meguiars waxes , polishes and general cleaning stuff for rubbers and plastics and cant complain at the quality.

so for me its MEGUIARS

B

badman gee

HornelZ3M said:
Product reviews.

I have probably tried and have everything that everyone have tried and recommended. But i have only in the past used Meguiars waxes , polishes and general cleaning stuff for rubbers and plastics and cant complain at the quality.

so for me its MEGUIARS
thanks,

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
I haven't as yet settled on particular products. I keep chopping and changing them looking for a better one each time.

Back to your initial thought Mark, product reviews if detailed enough can be added to the wiki area. Obviously need to be really detailed. I would suggest product reviews for cleaning products are submitted to "The Beauty Parlour" and I will wiki them if they are good enough!

Gary

B

badman gee

GazHyde said:
I haven't as yet settled on particular products. I keep chopping and changing them looking for a better one each time.

Back to your initial thought Mark, product reviews if detailed enough can be added to the wiki area. Obviously need to be really detailed. I would suggest product reviews for cleaning products are submitted to "The Beauty Parlour" and I will wiki them if they are good enough!

Gary
ok will do,

i have it off to a t now. so i will write a report.

:D

HornelZ3M

Zorg Addict
Supporter
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
Meguiars quick detailer

This product is amazing in the fact you can use it when the car has just been washed or caught in the rain.
Most Z owners who dont like putting their car in a garage, or car cover, when the car has got wet, can now easily spray a panel at a time with the quick detailer, and using 2 microfibre cloths, wipe off the excess water and detailer with the one cloth and buff up with the second... Works a treat and the car looks newly polished.

B

badman gee

HornelZ3M said:
Meguiars quick detailer

This product is amazing in the fact you can use it when the car has just been washed or caught in the rain.
Most Z owners who dont like putting their car in a garage, or car cover, when the car has got wet, can now easily spray a panel at a time with the quick detailer, and using 2 microfibre cloths, wipe off the excess water and detailer with the one cloth and buff up with the second... Works a treat and the car looks newly polished.
thanks paul, just what im after, a quick write up of a real life scenario. :-bd

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
Well as you can see from the picture there's a bit of a pattern going on with me - predominantly Autoglym. I've used it for years and having been given a large product bag when my other half bought his car I got to use lots of products I may not have bought otherwise and they've all been great so 10/10 for them all except where shown below.

• AG bodywork shampoo - 7/10, good for cleaning but would prefer more suds
  • Megs clay kit
  • AG Polish
  • AG HD wax
  • Megs next gen wax 2.0 - superb product
  • AG Extra gloss protection
  • AG leather cleaner and care balm
  • AG Instant tyre dressing
  • AG Glass polisher
  • AG Fabric hood cleaner
  • Renovo plastic window polish
  • AG metal polish
  • AG Engine bay cleaner - not summoned up the courage to do it yet !!

Does anyone use the foam cleaner? how would you rate that against normal shampoo? I like seeing lots of suds and don't with AG - but I've got a big botle of it to get through before I change to something else.

B

badman gee

great effort snoops ^:)^

thats what im after, and i agree with the comment about the not enough suds!

anyone used snow foam?

the professionals seem to use it.

:D

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
badman gee said:
been getting some tips off the detailing world site gazza :D
Be careful if you're on there - whenever i "nip" on there I'm gone for 4 hrs @-)

SilverZed

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
HornelZ3M said:
Meguiars quick detailer

Z owners don't like putting their car in the gararge after it has got wet? Am I missing something here chaps? If I arrive home in the rain the first thing I do is drive the car straight into the garage!

Surely convertibles age much better the less they are left out in the rain? I can't think of anywhere nicer for my pride and joy to dry off than safely tucked up in the garage.

:-\

HornelZ3M

Zorg Addict
Supporter
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
I think you misread the plot. It is meant to mean most people dont like leaving their cars wet in a garage so they dry them off . got it now

SilverZed

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Well I now understand what you meant, no wonder I didn't get it! I don't even dry myself when I've been out in the rain let alone the car. :-o