Clay sponge

B

badman gee

Ordered the above, will report back on my findings.

Reviews look good however.

Easier to use than a clay bar and less likely to drop on floor!

B

badman gee

At least 5 times. Plus it's used during the wash stage too!

g8jka

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 - 2000 2.8 Roadster
I gave mine a quick go at the weekend after a quick wash of the car. It was covered in tar and other bits of rubbish. I was pretty impressed, got the whole car done in about 30 minutes and that was taking my time and going over a few areas 2 or 3 times. Like a clay bar, it didn't remove all the stubborn tar spots but that is normal and a dedicated tar remover should be used for this. It was very easy to use and instead of using it with a quick detailer I had a bucket of clean warm water with shampoo. One thing I noticed that on sharp areas such as wing mirror corners or the edges of the spoiler if the mitt was used at an angle across it then it left brown marks which initially looked like scratches, but in fact I think it was either tar of the mitt or the actual clay part itself coming off although they wiped off pretty easily. Also you couldn't see what the mitt had picked up like you would with a clay bar but they are minor niggles

Overall, it was a lot easier and quicker than a bar plus it can be used with just a bucket of water and shampoo just as if you were washing the car. If the car is relatively clean anyway it would only take about 15 minutes to do the lot. I won't be going back to a clay bar from now on, its a mitt all the way!

B

badman gee

I gave mine a quick go at the weekend after a quick wash of the car. It was covered in tar and other bits of rubbish. I was pretty impressed, got the whole car done in about 30 minutes and that was taking my time and going over a few areas 2 or 3 times. Like a clay bar, it didn't remove all the stubborn tar spots but that is normal and a dedicated tar remover should be used for this. It was very easy to use and instead of using it with a quick detailer I had a bucket of clean warm water with shampoo. One thing I noticed that on sharp areas such as wing mirror corners or the edges of the spoiler if the mitt was used at an angle across it then it left brown marks which initially looked like scratches, but in fact I think it was either tar of the mitt or the actual clay part itself coming off although they wiped off pretty easily. Also you couldn't see what the mitt had picked up like you would with a clay bar but they are minor niggles

Overall, it was a lot easier and quicker than a bar plus it can be used with just a bucket of water and shampoo just as if you were washing the car. If the car is relatively clean anyway it would only take about 15 minutes to do the lot. I won't be going back to a clay bar from now on, its a mitt all the way!
Good feedback.

It would have been better if you had done the following:

Wash car

Rinse car

Use tardis and iron x

Rinse car

Clay with sponge

Wash again and dry with microfibre towel

Finish with your lsp

Mark

g8jka

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 - 2000 2.8 Roadster
I have some just the tonic (tar/glue remover) and purple rain (iron-x) from Autobrite Direct which I would normally use after washing, then rinse that off and use the clay mitt after. Before adding any LSP I would polish the whole car as well or do some paint correction first and then polish and seal.

This was just a quick test so didn't the whole distance but I was impressed with the mitt.

B

badman gee

I have some just the tonic (tar/glue remover) and purple rain (iron-x) from Autobrite Direct which I would normally use after washing, then rinse that off and use the clay mitt after. Before adding any LSP I would polish the whole car as well or do some paint correction first and then polish and seal.

This was just a quick test so didn't the whole distance but I was impressed with the mitt.
Good stuff sir