Classic car show

PHILIP BAXTER

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 3.0i Roadster
Hi all, I have just got home from the Classic Car show at the N.E.C. As mentioned on other threads, there were a couple of Zeds up for sale. A silver 2.8 with a hardtop was priced just under £10,000, and a 3.0i up for just under £14,000. Nice prices if you can get them. I watched the auction with interest,as the Z3M coupe went under the hammer, going for a whopping £52,000. WOW !!!!
IMG_0623.JPG

Attachments

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Wow, that makes your eyes water Philip. Look very nice in the pictures though.

Tony.

Low Rider

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
That's a shed load of cash.
What did you think of the show

Low Rider

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
I was talking to my brother tonight about his mk1 Cortina and how I wish I had some where to keep it for the last 40yrs.
It was just an old car then and today it would have been a classic. If only

PHILIP BAXTER

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 3.0i Roadster
The mk1 Cortina was my first car, and I virtually gave it away. If only we knew then what we know now.... My mk1 Capri is one my favourite cars i've owned, even though the offside wing was mostly newspaper and filler :(:(

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
My late brother Martin's first car was a MK1 GT 5 door Cortina in Monaco Red and reg. no. 8910 VT. What memories.

Tony.

Last edited:

ljauto

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3
The mk1 Cortina was my first car, and I virtually gave it away. If only we knew then what we know now.... My mk1 Capri is one my favourite cars i've owned, even though the offside wing was mostly newspaper and filler :(:(
ditto and the cardboard lined interior :)

Poprin

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
3.0 Roadster + *cough* MX5 project
I still think car prices are being made up and it's a huge conspiracy. Especially at auctions.

My friend was at the NEC and he said there was a private dealer there with a Red 1.9 with 49k on the clock with £8,995 in the window with a sold sign underneath it?

Tfp

Zorg Legend
Supporter
I still think car prices are being made up and it's a huge conspiracy. Especially at auctions.

My friend was at the NEC and he said there was a private dealer there with a Red 1.9 with 49k on the clock with £8,995 in the window with a sold sign underneath it?
I'm interested to know what he means by "private dealer"

Either someone is a dealer, or they're a private individual selling their own car.

Unscrupulous dealers will pose as private sellers to get out of their obligations as a dealer, i.e. the sales of goods act.