CCFL Rings in OEM Lamps or New Projector Lamps with Rings?

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
What's the the thoughts?

What's the light pattern like on the projectors if anyone has them? I have HID kits in the current OEM lamps so would retain those if swapping the whole units out (MOT Permitting).

I think there may be two versions of the projector units, one LED and one CCFL so CCFL would be the preferred option for those if I am correct in my thinking?

I think chrome is a bit OTT so the black units would look better on a black M but then I'm not sure about sticking with the factory look or not :) :-? :-??

La_vida_diver

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
Re: CCFL Rings in OEM Lamps or New Projector Lamps with Ring

Same thoughts going through my head on all counts.

Have you seen SeaSurfers :ymapplause: post it gives me courage to try and do it myself just a bit concerned about the "fettling" for the halo's. :ympray:

If I do one car, do I do them both LOL and I have ordered a set of de-tango'd rears for the road car. Then like a fool bought the Chrome (orange) tail lights and also for the front, BUT missed that they came in pairs L-) so if you need any let me know LOL I think I have 20 in all and the sides I have 10 oops.

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
Hehe, I'm going to put first dibbs on Gary's projectors when they come off his zed as I'm now sure those are the ccfl version of the projector lenses so the best of both worlds. a mutual friend of ours has also seen them and says they are a great improvement over the standard units as far as the aesthetics are concerned. Should be a nice update so I hope so that will be my birthday present :D

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
I meant to say that I have the clear indicator bulbs which seem to have a blue tint to them but when illuminated they are really bright so those should sit nicely in the projector housing as they will be visible. I had clear lenses on my old e36's and used the same bulbs in those as they looked different and quite nice.

I'm sure you will need to be replacing them in time so some spares are always good, 20 might be overkill though :D

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone and all the z's in the summer :)