car jacking

Lead foot

Model of Z
3 2.5i
Is there any way to jack a Z 3 from the middle front of the car with a floor jack so that you can raise the whole front end at one time ????? I would like to put jack stands under both jacking points behind each tire. is there a safe point in the front center ????

Z

zedonist

i used two trolley jacks with a mate, lifting both sides at the same time

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
I jack mine up on the jacking points under the sills, one side at a time. Put a floor Jack under the centre chassis rail and then jack the other side up. Takes more time, but it works for me.:)
Mike

Lead foot

Model of Z
3 2.5i
Thanks all ,I was looking for a one stop jack stop but looks like I will do the slow way. Thanks mike. Zorg I have no idea what trolly jacks are.

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
A trolley jack is a small, hydraulic jack that can be wheeled around and underneath the vehicle. This kind of jack allows you to do such things as changing the oil. You pump the handle of the trolley jack and the fluid pressure builds within the liquid chamber of the jack. The pressure escapes through the top of the jack platform and the vehicle raises with little effort. Trolley jacks, are used along with axle stands, which support the weight of the car in case the vehicle falls. They can lift weights up to 4 tons.
They are relatively cheap, but much easier to use than the jack supplied with the car.
Make sure that you jack the car up on the correct jacking points under the sills.
Mike

Lead foot

Model of Z
3 2.5i
Well I have one of those but never heard it called a trolly jack. We just called them a floor jack. Thanks mike. Now what do I do about An ABS module ?
Just got the news that may be the problem .

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
Try putting a completely new thread on the forum with a Title of 'ABS Problem, any advice' Then explain the problem on the first post and I'm sure someone will help you out! Good luck:)
Mike

Z

zedonist

You could get one of these to put on your floor jack, it is a jacking beam:
image.jpg

Z

zedonist

I don't know Mike, I have a low profile jack, which gives me 3 inches of clearance on the jack points, so I am assuming it could work on the inner rails, it will definitely work on my van so I will buy one and try as I need to get both my fronts off together again this winter. Will post progress.

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Can you get that under a Z3 and a trolley jack as well?
You can use the old trick of driving the front wheels on to some blocks just to raise the front a little more.

@zedonist Can you then chock underneath the beams to remove the trolley/floor jack?

Z

zedonist

You can use the old trick of driving the front wheels on to some blocks just to raise the front a little more.

@zedonist Can you then chock underneath the beams to remove the trolley/floor jack?
That's a good idea, will let you know

B

badman gee

I've had mine on 4 axel stands.

Car was level, enough room to change gearbox oil as well!