• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

For Sale Breaking 2002 Z3 2.2 Sport

What's the difference between "chameleon leather" and "normal" leather?
 
What's the difference between "chameleon leather" and "normal" leather?
I've had 6 Z3's but only 2 with the Sports seats - a 2.2 in Topaz Blue with the Lotus White Chameleon leather and now a 3.0i Sapphire Black with the black Chameleon leather. It was when I had the 2.2 that I found out about the smoth leather sports seats. The white Chameleon ones I had were well passed their best and needed a good refurb but apparently the Chameleon finish is impossible to restore. Hence why for me the smooth leather seats are something I keep an eye out for.
Of course all of the above could be wrong and somebody may well be along to highlight the error of my ways :thumbsup:
 
Hi Andy boy. Should have looked on here first!!! All the info I needed.
See you Sat. For the Seats.
 
I'll know more tomorrow. I've literally parked it in the workshop, locked up and driven home. The seat runners are a 10 quid repair but I'll test the motors etc.
I was after the seats door cards and seat switches, have you sold them now ?
 
What's the difference between "chameleon leather" and "normal" leather?
This is the chameleon… it looks like the skin of the chameleon
 

Attachments

  • F20DB2ED-F477-4374-8695-4E67DC8543BE.webp
    F20DB2ED-F477-4374-8695-4E67DC8543BE.webp
    81.4 KB · Views: 428
  • 5A341E87-F348-4FF9-8827-9651F43C7FB0.webp
    5A341E87-F348-4FF9-8827-9651F43C7FB0.webp
    45 KB · Views: 435
This is the spec of the car over and above the usual stuff:
Black Chameleon leather (heated)

It's smooth leather.

I'm getting more confused by the minute!

Are the seats available? You've got forums members saying that they're interested, you've got other forum members saying that they're picking them up on Saturday, what's going on? Are they available?
 
Are you a buyer?

But to aid your confusion:

Nothing is sold until you have the money. However, I have a buyer coming Saturday.

I trust that helps along with a photo - and I appreciate your obvious concern.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0852.webp
    IMG_0852.webp
    48.3 KB · Views: 414
Roof up down switch, and bezel it goes in, ? . Been chasing one for a while.. ;)
 
The switch is MIA but the bezel thing is there. Buy a new one, postage would be ruinous.
 
The switch is MIA but the bezel thing is there. Buy a new one, postage would be ruinous.
Cheers Andy, I have contacts over there to help with postage, but I hear what your saying. The bezel thing you will probably want to keep with the other plastics , Its the same reason I didnt ask about the lid between the rollover hoops, been chasing one of those at a reasonable price too...:thumbsup:. It,s hard getting bits down here... ;)
 
Last edited:
But to aid your confusion:
Nothing is sold until you have the money. However, I have a buyer coming Saturday.
I trust that helps along with a photo - and I appreciate your obvious concern.

I'm confused for two reasons: You've described the seats as "Chameleon". You've then described the seats as "smooth leather"? Which is it?

The second reason is the confusion over whether or not the seats are available? You've had interest from members on this thread, but now someone is picking them up on Saturday. But then if someone turns up tomorrow, the "Saturday chap" is unlucky? It's all about communication, I think.
 
Righto😀👍

But to answer your queries:

- Nobody is coming for anything tomorrow.

- The leather is quite clearly smooth.

I trust this allays your concerns.
 
Last edited:
Righto😀👍

But to answer your queries:

- Nobody is coming for anything tomorrow.

- The leather is quite clearly smooth.

I trust this allays your concerns.
If the door cards; seats and heated seats are available after Saturday let me know as I am interested in them cheers
 
Back
Top