• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

Brake Dust Shield

I'm recommending you use these on hand tools mate, I always do as they're much stronger. I have never had an impact socket break on me using compressed air tools let alone hand tools. Also when using a cracking bar ALWAYS pull upwards never push downwards in case it slips. Saves getting a face full of car or concrete.;)

Tony.

ps. My rechargeable impact wrench is SIP brand.
 
I agree with Tony @Faheem. I bought a full set of impact sockets in imperial and metric back before you were born and have never broken one. They take a real beating as my impacts are 1450 lb ft of torque with diferent settings. Not much I can't crack with them and I have two with four 14v batteries so good for hours of fun! JIM
 
Thanks chaps, the sockets are cheap enough so more than happy to buy a set, will probably save up for a driver so that I buy a decent one!

If I ever get around to changing the plates I'll definitely make a how to so that others can refer to it :thumbsup:
 
The front hub nut is on with something like 200+lb ft of torque. Does that need an expensive torque wrench? I've got a decent enough one but I don't think it goes up that far. And is that sort of torque achievable with bare hands?
 
Easily achievable using a 30" socket bar. M 1/2" drive torque wrench is only about 22' long and it does almost that.

Tony
 
Back
Top