BMW Z3 Side Grill *Chrome* Need help!!

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
There's a guy near where l live had his Bentley completely wrapped in chrome.
It certainly stood out!
It's now bright orange. I assume another "wrap".
I think they must be lottery winners as the car is worth more than their house. And there's a new Range Rover on the drive.
Either that, or gangsters. There are a few live near here. One was shot dead while waiting at the traffic lights in his Mercedes back in 1996.
Please use the G term lightly, we must respect godfather Frankie's family. We love you Frankie, especially Baaabs and BMG. Where's my button??

Chipper3

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
4 23 s-drive Automatic
Wrapping parts is a very cheap (in many ways) method of achieving a 'chrome-like' finish which if that's what you want - that's fine.

As far as I'm aware though there is only one way to a get genuine chrome finish on parts and that to go to an electro-platers who be able to apply a decorative chrome finish to these side grills, etc. I know there are a number in the Sheffield area - you'd expect no less with the cutlery heritage I suppose.

The ones we use (commercially) don't tend to get involved in car restoration type work and deal more in 'hard chrome' finishes but you could try - http://www.alphaelectroplaters.co.uk/

Colin.