BMW Z3 emission light

Raddy

Car is running fine emisions ok passed mot no problems , now light has decided to come on and stay on ?

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Hi @Raddy (& welcome)!

Can you give us some more details on your car, which engine etc? Someone with some technical knowledge will be along soon, and they are bound to ask... ;)

Gary

Raddy

Sorry, trying to get the hang of forum lol, its a 1.9i 2001 z3 thanks

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
What were the results of the emissions test please Raddy?

Z

zedonist

You need to get the engine fault codes read to be sure, but could be simple such as blocked air filter, crankcase breather, split intake hose etc or alternatively it could be more complicated like a sensor (cam, crank, lambda etc) or throttle body issue, reading the fault codes is the best bet, no codes means something simple, new air filter, breather etc (good service) or if you get a code then you will be on your way to another more specific answer.

Sorry i cannot be more specific for you

Raddy

Co 20%actual value 0.00 pass
hc 200ppm actual value 10
^: 0.97-1.03 actual value 1.000
this is for fast idle test 2500-3000 rpm
natural idle engine speed 450-1500
Co: 0.30% actual value 0.00
hope this helps tony

Raddy

You need to get the engine fault codes read to be sure, but could be simple such as blocked air filter, crankcase breather, split intake hose etc or alternatively it could be more complicated like a sensor (cam, crank, lambda etc) or throttle body issue, reading the fault codes is the best bet, no codes means something simple, new air filter, breather etc (good service) or if you get a code then you will be on your way to another more specific answer.

Sorry i cannot be more specific for you
Cheers thanks

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Co 20%actual value 0.00 pass
hc 200ppm actual value 10
^: 0.97-1.03 actual value 1.000
this is for fast idle test 2500-3000 rpm
natural idle engine speed 450-1500
Co: 0.30% actual value 0.00
hope this helps tony
Those readings would suggest to me a car which running at ideal levels ie a car in fantastic engine condition. I think Zedonist is on the right track, get it code read and see what it shows. Where are you , if you're any where near me in Lincoln I could help. I wouldn't worry unduly. cheers Tony.

Raddy

Not sure where that is at the moment ,have ordered Haynes manual , thanks , gone from skoda Fabia vrs diesel ,to bmw big change but better handling car

Last edited: