Archived BMW Z3 2.0 Titanium Silver - make me a sensible offer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Hi all,

As you may know I have a 1999/V Titanium Silver 2.0 Z3 sitting on my drive. She is sorn'd at the moment to save on road tax, but is MOT'd until February 22nd 2014.

I've been wondering what to do with her for a while, and now is the time for her to go to a better home. She should be considered a project as she started suffering with rust in the door sills and front wings. I had the sills removed and bead blasted, but that left them with holes in. With a bit of time and effort you could patch the sills and refit them, or possibly buy new sills which are still available from BMW.

The rest of the car is pretty much sound, and no issues with any rust under to body panels. No advisories on rust on any MOT, I only started looking in to it for cosmetic reasons. Just under 100,000 miles on the clock.

Visually she is in average condition for her age, no major dent's just a few imperfections in the paintwork, including stone chips and a rather odd blemish on the bonnet under the lacquer.
  • Bog standard black leather interior
  • Electric roof
  • Angel Eye Headlight units
  • Eisenmann Road Sport Exhaust back box
  • Cone air filter fitted, but you can have the OEM air box as well.
Doesn't have a radio fitted, has a broken seat belt guide on the passenger side. Probably a few small other items too. Wheels could do with a refurb, and the tyres were on the car when I bought it 3 years ago (as far as I can remember they are all legal, but all budget brands).

Looking for sensible offers around £900 - viewing advised. As it's SORN'd it would need trailering away, or you would need to tax it before driving it away.

Personal plate not included, and is back on her original V133 JAE registration.

Pictures below. Note that the car does not have door sills fitted. I still have the ones that were removed if you want a go at repairing them.
Forsale01.jpg

Forsale03.jpg

Forsale05.jpg

Last edited:

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
I think I would quite fancy this as a project if I were in the UK. I don't think it needs that much work and with the lights and exhaust included it seems a bit of a bargain gaz!

Boysie

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster S50
Hi all,

As you may know I have a 1999/V Titanium Silver 2.0 Z3 sitting on my drive. She is sorn'd at the moment to save on road tax, but is MOT'd until February 22nd 2014.

I've been wondering what to do with her for a while, and now is the time for her to go to a better home. She should be considered a project as she started suffering with rust in the door sills and front wings. I had the sills removed and bead blasted, but that left them with holes in. With a bit of time and effort you could patch the sills and refit them, or possibly buy new sills which are still available from BMW.

The rest of the car is pretty much sound, and no issues with any rust under to body panels. No advisories on rust on any MOT, I only started looking in to it for cosmetic reasons. Just under 100,000 miles on the clock.

Visually she is in average condition for her age, no major dent's just a few imperfections in the paintwork, including stone chips and a rather odd blemish on the bonnet under the lacquer.
  • Bog standard black leather interior
  • Electric roof
  • Angel Eye Headlight units
  • Eisenmann Road Sport Exhaust back box
  • Cone air filter fitted, but you can have the OEM air box as well.
Doesn't have a radio fitted, has a broken seat belt guide on the passenger side. Probably a few small other items too. Wheels could do with a refurb, and the tyres were on the car when I bought it 3 years ago (as far as I can remember they are all legal, but all budget brands).

Looking for sensible offers around £900 - viewing advised. As it's SORN'd it would need trailering away, or you would need to tax it before driving it away.

Pictures below. Note that the car does not have door sills fitted. I still have the ones that were removed if you want a go at repairing them.
View attachment 3205
View attachment 3206
View attachment 3207
Is the plate included ???

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Is the plate included ???
Good point Ray... The plate is not included as it was transferred over to my other zed 5 months ago!

Updated the ad now :)

Boysie

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster S50
Well done Gary, fingers crossed

Sent from Boysie via Tapatalk

spurs fan in a coupe

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
3rd Party Trader
Well, car is now on my drive, waiting to get stripped for parts.

Thanks Gary, nice to meet you.

I'll start a for sale parts thread once the car is indoors (1.9 1997 still being broken at the moment)

As a little 'thanks' once I Hit the purchase price in parts sales i'll make a decent contribution to the forum.

Cheers

SFIAC

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Andy,

Mixed emotions, but I always though it was always going to be a better solution cost wise to strip it rather than fix it, the way prices are at the moment. But, it's good to know that she will be keeping other Z3's on the road for a while!

Would have done it myself but I'm not sure my landlord would approve ;)

Cheers, Gary

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Speechless to be honest. Breaking another Z3...!!!! Its only bloody body work and should not be that difficult to repair...?....Right, rant over. (Spurs, you are a butcher)

B

badman gee

Im amazed it's being broken!

It would have made a good project for someone.

Not only that, he's rubbing your nose in it gaz by selling the parts on here!

Boysie

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster S50
he's rubbing your nose in it gaz by selling the parts on here!
Mark that's a bit harsh
I often here of people who sell their car
and get annoyed when it's sold on for a nice profit, from experience
Gaz was happy with the sale
A lot of people will benefit from this being stripped
Gone are the days when people would do a bit of body work and sell on. There is not enough profit in it,

Last edited by a moderator:

Boysie

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster S50
We had a lovely classic camper van. The neighbour loved it, and said if we sell it, would we give him first refusal, we were happy with the sale price.
We sold it to him, within a few weeks he sold it on, with a £650 profit. I was miffed at first.

B

badman gee

Your entitled to your opinion Ray as I am mine.
That car was not far off being roadworthy, it would have been good to keep it on the road.

Too many of these cars are scrapped!

All the time and effort Gaz put in has gone to waste.

IMHO!

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
I knew there would be a debate over this, and all fair comment so far! :bag:

I think it's fate was inevitable, just didn't want to sit around for another couple of months looking at it on the drive. It was most likely going to end up on eBay, and would have been sold as "spares or repairs".

I'm also more than happy for Andy to sell the parts here. I'd rather a nice guy like him make some money from it, rather than some anonymous eBay bidder!

Boysie

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster S50
Your entitled to your opinion Ray as I am mine.
That car was not far off being roadworthy, it would have been good to keep it on the road.

Too many of these cars are scrapped!

All the time and effort Gaz put in has gone to waste.

IMHO!
Hi Mark
Like you, I am too attached to my treasured car
and to think that somebody one day would dare to dismantle it for parts :arghh::arghh:

B

badman gee

Hi Mark
Like you, I am too attached to my treasured car
and to think that somebody one day would dare to dismantle it for parts :arghh::arghh:
So am I Ray, I'm planning on having it Buried with me!

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
My boss is still driving my car. A mate of mine said "but you are paying for it" I replied that I would rather pay for an estranged car than for the ex wife.......

Z

zedonist

Mark,

I think it was a bit harsh, Andy is a good guy, and without people like him i would not have been able enjoy my hobby and complete the mods i have, so big thumbs up. At the end of the day Gaz did not feel or want to do the jobs to the car and it was sitting slowly rotting, it was bought at a mutually agreed price, and the new owner is entitled to do what he wants with it, it could have quite easily have been a destruction derby enthusiast who bought it, at least others will get the chance to prolong theirs this way.

When i buy your //M i am putting a vader body kit on it, as it looks too hairdressy at the moment!

IMHO

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.