BMW Performance Rear Silencer :o)

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
Hi all,

As the Zed is still in winter storage :zap have been busy fettling the 1 Series :coolsteer)

I had the BMW performance rear silencer fitted this week and love the look, I really wished they did something similar for the Z3 lol :coolsteer)

Before;

After;

Tim.

S

Sorcerors Apprentice

Muppet will like that. Muppet likes shiny things.

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
Cheers guys, :)

I took the pics after getting back from being fitted, just spent the past half hour polishing up the tips and back box and now really is shiny :)

Gary......Sounds wise its a little more bassy at idle but not really much different to stock as didn't want too much noise %-(

Tim.

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
shantybeater said:
Very nice, sizes up perfectly with the carbon diffuser
Cheers Shanty, Gookah is right, need to get meself and M to solve the problem on the Zed :ymsmug:

Tim.

Z

zedonist

TitanTim said:

Gary......Sounds wise its a little more bassy at idle but not really much different to stock as didn't want too much noise %-(

Tim.
What is the performance benefit, what figures are BMW claiming you gain to extract your wedge from you?

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
zedonist said:
TitanTim said:

Tim.
What is the performance benefit, what figures are BMW claiming you gain to extract your wedge from you?
This is what BMW say,

"Characteristic sound, exclusive look: BMW Performance Sports Silencer. A further retrofit component recently added to the BMW Original Accessory range is the BMW Performance Sports Silencer, which is available for all four- cylinder diesel power units of the BMW 1 Series and BMW 3 Series. In addition to optimising exhaust back pressure, this feature develops a specifically characteristic sound that is exceptionally impressive during acceleration. Moreover, two round chrome-plated 74-mm tailpipes give the exhaust system a strikingly sporty look"

Performance wise probably nothing, but looks great :coolsteer)

Tim.