BMW OBD INPA not communicating

nathan liston

Clear the codes and run the car, some of these could be historical. If/when the lights illuminate again re read the codes and see what appears.
The ABS light comes on as soon as the ignition switches on and those errors are straight away/not clear.

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8i AUTO and 2.8i MANUAL
I'd change all 4 sensors as it appears 3 of the 4 are faulty. If you shop around you can get all four for around £60 on Ebay

nathan liston

I'd change all 4 sensors as it appears 3 of the 4 are faulty. If you shop around you can get all four for around £60 on Ebay
Do you think? If it was a module fault would it show up a separate fault code or would all sensors show a fault?

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
I'm sure if the module was faulty there would be another fault code.

nathan liston

Ok so I’ve span all the wheels using the live data part in the diagnostic kit and the front left sensor is not reading.

I’ve replaced the sensor (still the same) traced the wire as far back as I can get where it goes into the front of the car and I’ve got no breaks in the wire.
Have you guys got any suggestions? Any help would be very appreciated.

Cheers guys.

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Have you driven the car? The ECU will reset itself if the problem is sorted. You might only need to drive 100mtrs or so.

However, after a better look at your diagnostics, it shows 3 faults with the 2 front sensors. I'd change them both or even change all 4

Last edited:

nathan liston

Have you driven the car? The ECU will reset itself if the problem is sorted. You might only need to drive 100mtrs or so.

However, after a better look at your diagnostics, it shows 3 faults with the 2 front sensors. I'd change them both or even change all 4
The other sensors show a speed reading when the wheels are spinning its just the front left sensor that doesn’t show a speed reading.