BBC Fuel price calculator: How much do you pay?

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
The average price of petrol in the UK is £1.32 a litre - but how much you pay can vary from street to street and town to town. So how much do you pay and how does it compare with the national average or what people are paying in other countries?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21238363

z3cade

Zorg Guru (III)
East Anglian Crew
Doesn't matter what the average is.. We all pay too much :(

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Euro95 1,82 ▲ 0,4 ct

Diesel 1,51

LPG 0,88

£1 = € 1.1678

€1 = £ 0.8563

EVERY bar has the standard price of E 2.50 for a vaasje, which is about half a pint....thus 5 euros for a pint...! :((

Dont drink and drive, walk to the pub and save yourself some money.......... :bulb

:beer

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0si Individual Ruby Black Last one produced in this colour combo
When you actually look into things the cost of crude and the cost of the dollar is actually cheaper than when fuel was less than £1.10 a litre and when you get the dollar at 1.60 to the pound and 89 dollars a barrel that was when fuel was under £1 a litre. So you can tell we have been ripped off for years and not just by the tax. I wrote to the ceo of shell and BP 2 years ago when everything was at the same rate when fuel used to be 89p per litre to ask how they could justify the fuel being at £1.29 per litre. All i got was that i dont understand the economics. Patronising B-----ds

Titan

British Zeds
Model of Z
sDrive35i
hard top said:
EVERY bar has the standard price of E 2.50 for a vaasje, which is about half a pint....thus 5 euros for a pint...! :(( :beer

....except the Horse Club as I recall (vaguely) :))

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
hard top said:
Euro95 1,82 ▲ 0,4 ct

Diesel 1,51

LPG 0,88

£1 = € 1.1678

€1 = £ 0.8563

EVERY bar has the standard price of E 2.50 for a vaasje, which is about half a pint....thus 5 euros for a pint...! :((

Dont drink and drive, walk to the pub and save yourself some money.......... :bulb

:beer
How come diesel is so much cheaper in Hollsnd Mike ?

It is 8p/l more expensive over here.

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
^ Because if you drive a diesel over here, you pay more road tax.

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
Interesting, what's the tax like for hybrid or low emission vehicles, are there incentives like there are over here ?

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
The Nazi party over here, in their wisdom, think that if you drive an oil burner you will be using their roads a lot more than if you drive a benzene powered vehicle........ :bulb

Hybrid, road tax free as are low emission. Ex wife bought a 2008 Pug 107 that will be tax free for one more year.
And gave me my Smart car back....... :-\

Jamezee

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 sport, Z4 Coupe 3.0Si, E38 728i Oxford green and beige interior
I am terrible, I just go to tesco and fill her up with their high octane stuff, stick my card in and pay whatever it is!!! I know I should shop around but I can't be arsed :)

B

badman gee

The prices will continue to rise, in the end a trip out in the car will be a treat.

On the plus side it will help obesity possible.

Walking, cycling etc.