Ayr Z3

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
I used to go to guitar lessons just along from where that photo was taken, and I shall be peforming in the theatre just round the corner come November. You might see my Z3 around there at that time, most likely in Barns Street.
Will we see any video of that performance...............................Frankie

Bumpa

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3, 2.2 litre Sport
No.... copyright forbids any photography or video. There will be photos taken at the dress rehearsal.
Here's a photo from the dress rehearsal at last year's show . I'm at the extreme right being arrested by the long arm of the law.

upload_2019-8-22_15-52-5.jpeg

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
No.... copyright forbids any photography or video. There will be photos taken at the dress rehearsal.
Here's a photo from the dress rehearsal at last year's show . I'm at the extreme right being arrested by the long arm of the law.

View attachment 113443
OK. We'll look for the photos........................Frankie

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
Yes, it's pronounced like "heir", but not like "hair" :D

Have a go at pronouncing "Milngavie" or "Strathaven" - it always gives us Scots a laugh =))
OK @Pingu ....I'll have a go at it. Of course, what's the good of it if you can't hear me actually butchering it???? So..........here goes.....went on you tube...........................Frankie

@Pingu : Have a go at pronouncing "Milngavie" or "Strathaven" - it always gives us Scots a laugh

This is how a New Jersey boy says it:

View: https://youtu.be/glxIekCTs1o

So.....you give me a speech lesson on YouTube...............Frankie

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
OK @Pingu ....I'll have a go at it. Of course, what's the good of it if you can't hear me actually butchering it???? So..........here goes.....went on you tube...........................Frankie

@Pingu : Have a go at pronouncing "Milngavie" or "Strathaven" - it always gives us Scots a laugh

They sounded pretty good to me Frankie but I'm not a Scot. I'm in Glasgow every week and struggle to understand most of what is said!

Bumpa

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3, 2.2 litre Sport
Let's see if I can type them phonetically. Milngavie is pronounced MULGAYE - for the AYE think of the scots word for yes - aye.
Strathaven is pronounced STRAVEN.
There is, of course, a complete Glasgow vocabulary with many special local words for common things. Words like WAINS, GREETIN, SCUNNERED, SITOOTERY, BRAW to mention a few.
I'm from south London but have lived here for 39 years. When I first came up I struggled with understanding some of my new work colleagues, but you get used to it. What really surprised me was that they had trouble understanding me, and yet they hear southern English voices on the TV all the time. Odd.
The most difficult in my opinion is the NE Scottish, eg. Aberdeen & Peterhead. It's like Jordie but with a Scots accent and can be very hard to understand. Once you are into the true Highlands the accent is much softer and easy to get along with.

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
Let's see if I can type them phonetically. Milngavie is pronounced MULGAYE - for the AYE think of the scots word for yes - aye.
There is, of course, a complete Glasgow vocabulary with many special local words for common things. Words like WAINS, GREETIN, SCUNNERED, SITOOTERY, BRAW to mention a few.
I'm from south London but have lived here for 39 years. When I first came up I struggled with understanding some of my new work colleagues, but you get used to it. What really surprised me was that they had trouble understanding me, and yet they hear southern English voices on the TV all the time. Odd.
The most difficult in my opinion is the NE Scottish, eg. Aberdeen & Peterhead. It's like Jordie but with a Scots accent and can be very hard to understand. Once you are into the true Highlands the accent is much softer and easy to get along with.
I could imagine being stuck somewhere and asking for directions and end up getting married and owing someone a cow..........Frankie

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
OK...........How about the town my cousin lives in just north of Allentown, PA. The name of it is Emmaus. How would pronounce that???...Frankie

Pingu

Zorg Guru (III)
3rd Party Trader

Good effort, as @Bumpa said, Milngavie is "Mull Guy", Strathaven is "Straven"

My guess for Emmaus is "M Mouse", like "em mouse". I won't believe you if you tell me it's "L E Fant" :D

Bumpa

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3, 2.2 litre Sport
Emmaus is of course the town to which two men were travelling when Jesus appeared to them after his resurrection. You can read about it in Luke chapter 24. Many things have been named after it, including the city in PA. Principal among them is a charity to combat poverty and homelessness. According to Wikipedia the correct phonetic pronounciation is e-ma-ys. Ta-da! :happy:

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
Emmaus is of course the town to which two men were travelling when Jesus appeared to them after his resurrection. You can read about it in Luke chapter 24. Many things have been named after it, including the city in PA. Principal among them is a charity to combat poverty and homelessness. According to Wikipedia the correct phonetic pronounciation is e-ma-ys. Ta-da! :happy:
That's it. Perhaps I might explain it as the first letter "E" as said in the word "key". Then "ma" as if saying "may" and then "us" as they belong to "us".

tower

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 sport
Sorry @FRANKIE , that's taking so long to get back, thought your piece was spoken like a local , which part of Glasgow are you from again....
Also can't believe a simple picture of a car can spark discussion , among other subjects ,regional speech variation and performing rights restrictions. That's why we're zroadster.org I guess