awaiting z3m to go with the toys

Das930

Zorg Addict
just brought a z3m roadster (the cheap with plenty of miles one) ready for next summer to fill the open top motoring i miss with the other two, due to me wednesday and then i find out if i brought well or brought a pig , my take on things is I'm prone to upgrading so if it turns out to be a dog i will strip it and do some modifications and make it right. Hear is a couple of pictures of the two i already own
2000 z3m coupe awaiting to be lowered
IMG_0813.JPG

1985 porsche 930 many many mods 450+bhp
SDC10350.JPG

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
Cool didn't think it would be long before that one would be snapped up. Excellent choice in vehicles by the way, you are one lucky guy from a very jealous guy. ;)

Das930

Zorg Addict
Thanks for your comments they haven't come easy used to buy new all on finance untill I sat and worked out all the money I was throwing away so I sold all , that is when I got rid of my last z3m roadster 12years ago sold for 20000 then had to pay a further 8000 to settle the finance it killed me as I loved that car . Got over it started saving hard as and when the spare cash was there and started my collection . Every car has different appeal and the roadster is going to fill a gap nicely
Can't wait!
Nowadays it's only my wife that buys new (range rover evoque) how times change

Das930

Zorg Addict
Not breaking it then?
who knows? haven't seen it yet !
some say I'm mad but its the unknown that keeps you alive,whats the worse that could happen at the money.
its only money we could all be dead tomorrow as your line says
Better to burn out in this life!

z3cade

Zorg Guru (III)
East Anglian Crew
Very true.. You only live once.
The porker looks amazing :)

Z

zedonist

I was joking from the sale thread, if I had the spare cash I would have bought it, and like you the broken bits then get modded or upgraded.

And yes better than fade away!

Boysie

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster S50
some say I'm mad but its the unknown that keeps you alive,whats the worse that could happen at the money.its only money we could all be dead tomorrow as your line says
Better to burn out in this life!
Yep similar to my philosophy of life
And I would so love to have a Porsche like that, my favourite shape :depressed:

Z

zedonist

My only other favourite was the droop snoot version, class

Das930

Zorg Addict
I agree the best looking porsche built ,the only one i would be tempted by would be a 993 turbo but way out of my price range,i love the lines of the z3m coupe and roadster but the trouble with keep buying them is it puts another delay on my cobra project,yet again gone the long way round designed my own chassis ,jag running gear 1966 289 hp motor 4 speed t10 with jag 307diff. the trouble or joy with designing it yourself is there is nothing of the shelf so all gets made the way i want it but kicks you in your wallet
SDC10034.JPG

at the same time,it is now on its running gear with fuel tank ,steering and rad installed and i have just finished exhaust but no up to date photos.
The money spent on the m roadster will put this on the back burner for a while until i raise some more funds
The joys of cars with all there ups and downs is something you either get or you don't
For those that don't stop moaning and for those that do long may you enjoy it!

Mr-P

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
Sold Z3M
I agree the best looking porsche built ,the only one i would be tempted by would be a 993 turbo but way out of my price range,i love the lines of the z3m coupe and roadster but the trouble with keep buying them is it puts another delay on my cobra project,yet again gone the long way round designed my own chassis ,jag running gear 1966 289 hp motor 4 speed t10 with jag 307diff. the trouble or joy with designing it yourself is there is nothing of the shelf so all gets made the way i want it but kicks you in your wallet
View attachment 3357
at the same time,it is now on its running gear with fuel tank ,steering and rad installed and i have just finished exhaust but no up to date photos.
The money spent on the m roadster will put this on the back burner for a while until i raise some more funds
The joys of cars with all there ups and downs is something you either get or you don't
For those that don't stop moaning and for those that do long may you enjoy it!
Nice looking workshop

Das930

Zorg Addict
Not quite as clean and tidy at the moment as i have been fabricating in there thats why there is know up to date photos as i could not stand showing the mess(a touch of ocd i fear) so decided to build a 3 car one attached to the back to put the porsche and bmw then the one i have out front can turn into a fab shop for making mess and this one can stay tidy.
Thats a sore point with my wife as its not yet finished (heating and electrics to go) and i have already brought the car to fill it
she says i built it on purpose i say it just happened that way.
And I'm sticking to the story

Last edited:

Boysie

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster S50
It looks good from the outside
Have you had a chance to check it over