Automatic Emergency Braking.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Coming to US passenger vehicles, starting in 5 years. Personally I think first they need to get people to leave their phones alone while driving and open their eyes.

A big helping of common sense wouldn’t hurt either.

Tony.

Toby

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Interestingly, on our recent Canadian tour - kept getting warns from the dash that driver aids werent working due to sensers temporarily out of action.
I.E built up of snow etc covering them. Same with reversing cameras - just when you may need to be warned they cant.

Bet they dont also detect road conditions and adapt accordingly :cool:

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
Already here in the UK. Golf had it and now the Volvo. Its a PITA as it detects parked cars and decides to hit the brakes and put the hazards on. Can't turn it off on the Volvo either.

Last edited:

Zephyr

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
Standard on my Vitara. Hits the brakes and flashes the hazards.
Almost got rear ended when this stupid thing activated itself for no apparent reason.
Had to explain to a furious mororcycle rider that was behind me that this is a "feature" and I did
not press the brakes myself.
Cant turn it off unless you put tape on the three sensors on the front of the car. But then you dont have active cruise control.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Absolutely Mike, even my 13 year old classic.;)

Tony.

Zephyr

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
Sorry to bring the bad news, but insurance for cars that do not have lane assist, speed limit warning, auto emergency brake and all these other idiot oriented gizmos is 30% up compared to the "good old traditional" vehicles.
Pretty soon, this trend will reach UK, I am sure...

Paying 460€ for the Vitara that has all these and 640 for the MX5 that just has parking sensors (no discount).