• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

For Sale Are you brave enough?

Not sure your right on that, I've seen plenty at around 24k with that sort of mileage
Think you'd be lucky now days to draw that sort of money. There was a very well known ///M off the forum for sale recently local to me. The dealer had it months and it kept dropping in price. It eventually sold for £140000. It was Liams old car and was very nice in the same colour.
 
Think you'd be lucky now days to draw that sort of money. There was a very well known ///M off the forum for sale recently local to me. The dealer had it months and it kept dropping in price. It eventually sold for £140000. It was Liams old car and was very nice in the same colour.

I was days away from buying that at the time :P
 
Cliff showed it to a friend who has a bodyshop via pics yes he could repair it and using some second hand parts but apart from the obvious damage in pics he said no doubt they would find more underlying damage once you start on it. Might need new rad and so on.
Even though he does us a good deal he said it's way to expensive once you got up the parts repairs paintwork.
At the end of the day it will always be a repaired car.
 
With my front-ended 2.2 it was the air ducts that caught me out a little and that I hadn't properly taken in when I bought the car. That would be a big mistake on one of these. They can be up to £200 a piece and are very difficult to obtain second-hand.

I'd be surprised if there was any more chassis damage. Front-ended Z3s can look spectacular but they're just designed to crumple up like that and protect the chassis rails and inner wings.

But odds and ends on a car like that could be costly and/or delay the project while you found them.

I think it would be a hoot to try out at £5k but that price of nearly £10k and most numbers in between are not viable.
 
Lee one for the Zed Shed mate:whistle:
 
Panel replacement is the easy part. It's the bits you find along the way plus painting which would make or brake the deal. Would anyone on here buy it repaired knowing it had been repaired?

Tony.
 
Not me :nailbiting: Tony
 
100% I'd buy it if it had been repaired properly. And I'd expect to get it for 60% of the non-Cat price. Bargain!

It's personal choice but I don't even know where to start or how long it would take to explain why it's a sweeping assumption to assume there is anything wrong with a repaired Cat.

In short Cat C/Ds have a lot less to do with the amount of damage and it's repairability and everything to do with the finances involved in doing so. Write-off/Total loss refers to finances not physical condition. And those finances don't just cover the body shop costs. There's other overheads like courtesy cars for the insurer to think about. These categories work fine for newer cars but can be completely misleading with older cars.

Apart from a little jig work, that is a very easy repair in the grand scheme of things. People on these forums have probably bought Z3s with much more relevant major mechanical work completed, possibly to a sub-standard and of much more risk than a Cat car carries.

It's even a mis-apprehension to assume insurance companies rack their premiums up for Cats. My insurer Footman James doesn't and I believe many others don't too. Why would they? They need the revenue from selling write-offs for rebuild. So they'd be shooting themselves in the foot.
 
We should all contribute to this purchase - repair in the Zed Shed - store in Ireland - job done!:cool:
 
100% I'd buy it if it had been repaired properly. And I'd expect to get it for 60% of the non-Cat price. Bargain!

It's personal choice but I don't even know where to start or how long it would take to explain why it's a sweeping assumption to assume there is anything wrong with a repaired Cat.

In short Cat C/Ds have a lot less to do with the amount of damage and it's repairability and everything to do with the finances involved in doing so. Write-off/Total loss refers to finances not physical condition. And those finances don't just cover the body shop costs. There's other overheads like courtesy cars for the insurer to think about. These categories work fine for newer cars but can be completely misleading with older cars.

Apart from a little jig work, that is a very easy repair in the grand scheme of things. People on these forums have probably bought Z3s with much more relevant major mechanical work completed, possibly to a sub-standard and of much more risk than a Cat car carries.

It's even a mis-apprehension to assume insurance companies rack their premiums up for Cats. My insurer Footman James doesn't and I believe many others don't too. Why would they? They need the revenue from selling write-offs for rebuild. So they'd be shooting themselves in the foot.

I would agree, I've repaired cars before, but, it all hangs on your first 10 words. Not many people have the knowledge to make a chiice like that as you and I have, therefore as a seller you have a limited market. It all depends on the costs.

Tony.
 
How much?...:confused:
It finished up at £13950 and sat for ages at that price. It had dropped several times prior to that. They sell high end sports cars and have quite a few ///M's. Not sure why it stuck so long.
 
We should all contribute to this purchase - repair in the Zed Shed - store in Ireland - job done!:cool:
Or store it in Canada where your Cat C means nothing to anyone but me!! Then when people come to visit they could have it to cruise around my beautiful country!! You could be first @DavidM !! JIM
 
Back
Top