Anyone at risk of flooding?

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
With the high tides forecasted tonight, has anyone had to move their families and their Zed to safety?

Alan & Shelly near Great Yarmouth have seen the waters rise above the Quayside, well before the 10.30 pm time forecasted, so must be really high now, loads of Folks evacuated already,:eek:

Hope Potters is okay for our Christmas Shindig on Sat.:arghh:

We have lost 40' of six foot fencing, narrowly missing the Z4 parked in the drive way:nailbiting: Nearly blew the really tight fitted cover off, just hanging on because of the fitted wing mirror covers, must have been a tornado!!!

Hope everyone is safe and sound.

Mike & Sandy

Last edited:

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
We are lucky over here with the sea defenses that have been built over many years. The only damage up to now, is all the Christmas lights in town have been knocked out.......

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
They are loathe to spend the money to protect our coastline, Mike, It is gradually being whittled away, Rather spend their money propping the Bankers up!!!
At least they can replace your Xmas lights, unlike people memories!
Mike & Sandy

MaryMac

Zorg Guru (I)
East Anglian Crew
Wisbech has been flooded Mike. North brink,nene quay, Aldi' s.
Mary

I

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
They have to Mike. Amsterdam airport is below sea level as an example......

Schipol - Amsterdam Airport - is about eleven feet below sea level. The name translates as "ship grave." The origin goes back two centuries when it was a shallow sea, prone to occeassional violent storms, sinking many ships.

Last edited:

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 2.0 20i M Sport sDrive
We went out to see what was happening at high tide last night , it was scary especially for the poor people that had to leave their Holmes , round about 7000 Holmes altogether now , most of the schools are shut today as the people were sleeping in them last night , along the seafront and river your couldn't even see the trees ( they were only twigs sticking out the top of the water , so you can imagine how bad it's been , lots of the towns shops have been flooded , so lots of cleaning to do today , I've never seen the water so high as it was last night, the seafront was packed with onlookers I've never see it so busy , will have to see the news now to see what damage have been done :(, My family members wouldn't leave their Holmes because of burglars , we're lucky where we are because we're higher up than sea level ,

B

badman gee

It's not good, the clean up takes weeks.

It has to dry out first, but the problem is it's winter and damp.

Glad I'm not in a flood plane!

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 2.0 20i M Sport sDrive
We're got another 2 high tides to go one at 10.30 this morning and another one early evening , but at least this time no high winds , so hopefully the surge won't be so bad

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
It does seem bizarre that we are so badly prepared for weather events like this. Saw this video of New Brighton in Wirral posted on another site. If we know the tides can do this, why do we build stuff right on the edge of it :facepalm:

View: http://youtu.be/qwF57jlFzVc

Boysie

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster S50
I suppose some people don't have a choice, but would you leave your car there ?

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
A few years ago, my brother thought he had found his dream home. Just before finalizing the deal, he went to have another look. It was under water.......lucky chap....!!!!

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
It's not good, the clean up takes weeks.

It has to dry out first, but the problem is it's winter and damp.

Glad I'm not in a flood plane!
Don't be to sure Mark! remember you like us live in the Fens, we're all 15 feet below sea level.

Mike