Anybody use a Halfords All Season Car Cover?

inkey$

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
'01 2.2i M54
Interested to know what the best size is for a Z3. Small or Extra Small. Dont want it too loose but obviously needs to fit.
Anybody use one and have pics of fitment to their car?

John_B

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 pre-facelift (Izzy)
XS is the size you want. I have got one, although I'm not going to be using it again. I found that it wasn't waterproof as it claimed, and once the dampness set in, it couldn't go anywhere, so it was just constantly wet. And with any sunlight and fresh air blocked it got really stagnant. After a few weeks I found my interior was covered in mold under this cover, which I have never had before or since. Admittedly, my roof seals were not as sealed as they are now last winter, however if the cover was waterproof as advertised, this would not have mattered.

Also, and you can put this down to bad handling if you wish, but the first time you remove it, unless you have helpers and/or 17 hands, the lovely soft felt inner liner picks up grit and dirt off the ground which are then perfect paint scratchers the next time you fit it :(

1723726676911.png

DrWong

Zorg Guru (III)
Model of Z
3.0i
The above points are all valid, although I didn't have any issues with mould myself personally. There were isolated occasions when the bodywork was slightly damp when the cover was lifted, but I think this may have been caused by condensation under the cover as the moisture was on parts of bodywork that the cover wasn't touching.

Have since built a car port so no longer use it, apart from as a dust cover when painting. I've also come round to the idea that it's prob better to just let the car sit exposed to the elements rather than sweat under a cover (unless, of course, you're trying to mitigate an issue such as a leaky roof/window seal).

But, if you do need a cheap cover for whatever reason, the Halfords one in XS is the one to go for.

inkey$

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
'01 2.2i M54

inkey$

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
'01 2.2i M54
The above points are all valid, although I didn't have any issues with mould myself personally. There were isolated occasions when the bodywork was slightly damp when the cover was lifted, but I think this may have been caused by condensation under the cover as the moisture was on parts of bodywork that the cover wasn't touching.

Have since built a car port so no longer use it, apart from as a dust cover when painting. I've also come round to the idea that it's prob better to just let the car sit exposed to the elements rather than sweat under a cover (unless, of course, you're trying to mitigate an issue such as a leaky roof/window seal).

But, if you do need a cheap cover for whatever reason, the Halfords one in XS is the one to go for.
This is pretty much word for word my plan. Car port is being planned but I need something that will help when the weather starts getting worse that I can put on and take off every week to let the car breathe. The Halfords one ticks a lot of boxes but especially the fleecy inner. Hopefully with the XS size it will limit lot sof movement in the wind which -with dust and grit, can marr the paintwork.

I miss my garage!

DrWong

Zorg Guru (III)
Model of Z
3.0i
This is pretty much word for word my plan. Car port is being planned but I need something that will help when the weather starts getting worse that I can put on and take off every week to let the car breathe. The Halfords one ticks a lot of boxes but especially the fleecy inner. Hopefully with the XS size it will limit lot sof movement in the wind which -with dust and grit, can marr the paintwork.

I miss my garage!
Good stuff and entirely agree, cheap and useful for emergencies, but take it off afterwards.

Car port for the win! This is the one I built. Much better than a car cover haha
IMG_4738.jpeg

bronty

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 auto pre facelift
I have the Halford XS
It seems well made but I do get water coming through also i get white fluff on my roof from the lining

inkey$

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
'01 2.2i M54

inkey$

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
'01 2.2i M54
I have the Halford XS
It seems well made but I do get water coming through also i get white fluff on my roof from the lining
I’m actually planning to use my Z3 outdoor shaped cover over the top of the Halfords one. Benefit of the Halfords one is the fleecy inner. The Z3 shaped one is just a standard shaped outdoor cover but should increase overall tightness in the wind. That’s the plan anyway!

MuttyMax

Zorg Legend
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44 and 2.8