Any new E89 Z4 owners out there?

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
Hi all,

Are there any new Z4 owners out there who can give some feedback on the car, namely any roof issues, rattles or creaking? I have heard this can be an issue but would like it confirmed if possible.

Looking this year at replacing the 1 Series for the 2.0 M Sport model.

Cheers,

Tim.

z3cade

Zorg Guru (III)
East Anglian Crew
Bazza aka zedder4 has one.. He should be able to shed some light on it.. Lovely cars.. Good choice Tim

What colour would you go for? Bazzas looks gorgeous in white with the red leather =p~

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
z3cade said:
Bazza aka zedder4 has one.. He should be able to shed some light on it.. Lovely cars.. Good choice Tim

What colour would you go for? Bazzas looks gorgeous in white with the red leather =p~
Cheers Liam, I knew someone had one but I couldnt remember who :ymblushing:

Not sure on colour either Titanium :) or Saphire black with coral red leather.

I was all set looking for a Z3M and had been offered one, then looked at Z4M but factoring in running costs and the fact I can't face getting rid of the Z3 the 2.0 Z4 appeals, its still nippy but economical.

Tim.

zedwheels

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Hey Tim, :-? get yourself a nice Alpina, running costs of a 3 Ltr but pace of an ///M
there was one for sale in the London area in saphire black with red leather. I get 32 MPG
on a run and 25 MPG about town.. :-bd

J R

Dedicated Member
Deceased
Model of Z
Z 3 2.8 Z4 E89 3LTR
Hi Tim
Have had my z4 for nearly 2yrs now and had no troubles with it.Done 12000 miles without a hitch.E89 space grey with red leather 3ltr and all the toys.J R

gookah

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Z3
I have heard that the roof doesn't fit properly, leaks like a sieve, the wheels wobble, the heater just blows cold air, the engine overheats, the seats are rock hard, the radio crackles, the panels don't line up and the gearbox rattles.
Enjoy..

ps im not the slightest bit envious.... :coolsteer) ^:)^

Z

zedonist

Just picked up Z4 SDrive 35is, absolutely awsome car, managed to drift it on the first outing

DangerousDave

Dedicated Member
zedonist said:
Just picked up Z4 SDrive 35is, absolutely awsome car, managed to drift it on the first outing
Lost it on a roundabout and just managed not to crash does not constitute a drift :D .

Z

zedonist

No it was a Drift at least qtr mile hair pin, followed by a sharp handbrake turn into a left exit, into tunnel, nice exhaust note too boot........................

S

Sorcerors Apprentice

SeaSurfer wrote this in WHATCAR?

For : The Z4 looks amazing, and the cabin oozes class. It’s great to drive, with strong engines, capable handling and a supple ride.

Against : There isn’t much space in the boot when you’ve got the roof down, and an Audi TT is more fun to drive.

Z

zedonist

I disagree, i drove the Audi TT last night, and much prefer the drive of my Z4 35is, i think the weight distribution is all wrong on the Audi

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
Cheers for the replies, well I'm just waiting now, another month its killing me :-w :-w

Dealer has already sold the 1er, it went after 3 days on the forecourt, 3K profit for them :-o

Tim.

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
TitanTim said:
Cheers for the replies, well I'm just waiting now, another month its killing me :-w :-w Tim.
Killing you !!!!! but you've rescued your poor little zed from the dungeon (I mean garage) so you get to drive it around whilst you wait, and it's been a glorious day today - proper top down weather.

You need to get out in your little z3 and re-capture the magic

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
Snoops said:
TitanTim said:
Cheers for the replies, well I'm just waiting now, another month its killing me :-w :-w Tim.
Killing you !!!!! but you've rescued your poor little zed from the dungeon (I mean garage) so you get to drive it around whilst you wait, and it's been a glorious day today - proper top down weather.

You need to get out in your little z3 and re-capture the magic
Thanks Snoopy Snoops, top was down this morning at 7.15am, heated seat on No.2 and 2 heated cheeks :ymsmug:

Tim.

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
See..... a shiny knob and 2 heated cheeks - what more could you ask for. :coolsteer)

You have still got your shiny knob haven't you??? you didn't put it in the 1'er and let it go :-s

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
Snoops said:
See..... a shiny knob and 2 heated cheeks - what more could you ask for. :coolsteer)

You have still got your shiny knob haven't you??? you didn't put it in the 1'er and let it go :-s
=)) thankfully my knob still comes too hand :coolsteer) could never let that go :coolsteer)

Tim.

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
TitanTim said:
Snoops said:

=)) thankfully my knob still comes too hand :coolsteer) could never let that go :coolsteer)

Tim.
#:-s

S

Sorcerors Apprentice

Waz up TT? No banter about knobs on .net anymore?