Another engine bay colour thread.

Braz86

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3
@Nodzed I know it's a long shot with colour codes, but is there a BS/RAL colour that would match the Du Pont F1153? Need to sort out a sickening touch up attempt by someone with a paint brush and silver hammerite struggling to find a paint company locally, and my local Halfords doesn't have paint mixing that I'm aware of
20191205_110854.jpg

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
@Nodzed I know it's a long shot with colour codes, but is there a BS/RAL colour that would match the Du Pont F1153? Need to sort out a sickening touch up attempt by someone with a paint brush and silver hammerite struggling to find a paint company locally, and my local Halfords doesn't have paint mixing that I'm aware ofView attachment 124421
Sorry I have no idea. I really would find someone who will mix the paint taking a sample from the car itself, I think @mrscalex has done this.

mrscalex

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Sorry I have no idea. I really would find someone who will mix the paint taking a sample from the car itself, I think @mrscalex has done this.
Agree. It’s the only way to do it. Halfords don’t mix paint any more. But they only did it against paint codes anyway.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Anyone who mixes paint will work from a specific paint code, but tinting up or down is largely down to the skill and experience of the person doing it. That applies to “base coats” as well.
I wasn’t aware the Halfords had stopped mixing paint, but I found a local trade supplier who as good.

Tony.

mrscalex

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Anyone who mixes paint will work from a specific paint code, but tinting up or down is largely down to the skill and experience of the person doing it. That applies to “base coats” as well.
I wasn’t aware the Halfords had stopped mixing paint, but I found a local trade supplier who as good.

Tony.
They have in Swindon. And he gave me the impression it had been stopped across all stores.

The people I use in Swindon worked purely from eye. No spectrometer, no paint code.