Aluminum bonnet release handles

Doug W

Hello,

New member here; I just learned of this site today.

I'm a former owner of two '99 M Roadsters, (currently a MINI guy, though), and I belong to many Z3 and MINI forums.
I'm also a self-employed toolmaker with 34 years in the business, and I own a one-man tool & die machine shop, here in the States.

Occasionally, when I have some spare time and am in the mood for "fun", I make replacement bonnet handles from billet aluminum. They fit all Z3's, (including M Roadsters and M Coupes), as well as E36 3-series cars. I'm currently machining a batch of them, and I'm taking orders.
Naturally, I make them to fit left-hand drive cars as well as right-hand drive.

Bare aluminum ones sell for $25.00, and black anodized for $30.00. Shipping to the UK or Europe via US Mail is $7.00.

I prefer Paypal; address on my account is whamac@msn.com
For those who don't care for Paypal, I can come up with a way to run a VISA or MasterCard through my website, www.whalenshiftmachine.com. Just let me know if you would prefer to use your CC.

Here is a link to a long-running thread about them, from a US-based Z3 forum: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh ... p?t=852448

Questions? Feel free to e-mail me at whamac@msn.com or PM me here.

Many thanks!

-Doug Whalen

Titan

British Zeds
Model of Z
sDrive35i
Hi Doug & welcome to Zorg :)
I purchased one of your handles a couple of year ago and can vouch for their quality.
It's a great little piece of machining :-bd
I'll post a picture if I can find it, or I'll take one in daylight tomorrow.

GazHyde

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 M Roadster
Hi Doug!

Welcome to Zorg. Your name precedes you, and have seen much of your work through other forums!

Gary

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0si Individual Ruby Black Last one produced in this colour combo
I had the bonnet pull last year. Very well made and a straight swap. Oooh and wekcome

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2