All clear but why Falkens?

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
Just came across this site for anyone changing their wheels - might find it useful to visualise and it also tells you how you might affect your speedo reading if you're changing sizes.

Clicky Link

Z

zedonist

I have budgets on mine, same tread pattern as the F1's, probably harder compound, but they dont cause any handling issues, steering or braking, as for road noise cant tell due to stereo and exhaust.

At the end of the day, all tyres will be made in a handful of factories, all the big guys do these days is R&D and special applications in the UK, the maufacture is out sourced (mainly eastern), and then they allow the manufactures to make own brand tyres from yester years compound.

With road surfaces as good as they are in the UK (not), you get no benefit really from the latest technology, detrimental in fact, look at the affect of run flats on alloys in the UK.

So in th end it all comes down to Branding, who wants Nike and who wants Quecha?

B

badman gee

r37 said:
badman gee said:
I prefer vredestein ultrac sessanta. Get a better rating than the falkens.

Cheaper too with a better tread pattern.

Mark
care to share where you get cheap sessantas? Going to buy some new alloys and to have them with sessantas instead of falken is £130 more.
Hello Dan,

Ive had my tyres about a year.

Brought them from camskill performance.

Paid 400 for the 4 delivered. I had to have them fitted of course myself.

At the time they were cheaper than the falkens, but they have gone up slightly since as more people catch on and buy them. :(

There doesn't seem to be a big price difference between them and the falkens (not £130 i believe around £70).

I can say they are very good in the dry and wet and would pay the extra now.

Many thanks

mark

peterandjenny

Zorg Guru (II)
Model of Z
The eagle f1's posted above have the same tread pattern as the pilot sports we have
the car tramlines badly with them fitted, has been mentioned on here that the zed is very badly affected by directional tread patterns. Will be putting the falkens back on soon as it realy so much nicer to drive with them on. I have never had a car so changed by the type of tires fitted.

Frank.A

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
2.8 Facelift
The handling on my Zed was almost dangerous with F1s on the front.Slightly improved after swapping front to rear with 452s.A totally different car with carefree handling once I had fitted 912s.

It had the recommended good handling gizmos fitted when I bought it.(Butt strut,poly bushes and front strut brace.)

My experiences with 4 different makes of directional tyre on 3 very different vehicles mean I will never buy another directional tyre.

The Zed was originally supplied with Dunlop or Continental.

AS my local tyre depot manager says "The majority of buyers choose by looking at the tread pattern, with sporty looking directional patterns being the favourites".What a mistake.

r37

Dedicated Member
cheers for that link mark. Just saved me about £100 over buying some falkens.

Mouldy

Model of Z
None at present
Warrior said:
This is what i've currently got on the front...

Goodyear Eagle F1's. . . . . . .

..and Bridgestones on the back...
The Zed is quite sensitive to tyre choice and pressure. Mixing brands front and rear is never a good idea (in my opinion) and I never do it, whatever the car. I had 452s on my Zed when I had it and found them to be very good, especially at the price.

A lot of Forum members seem to have tried the Falken 912s now, with a lot of positive feedback.

As with most things, I believe that you pay a lot for the name on the so called Premium brands and if Falken increased their prices by about 20% fewer people would question how good they are. So many Forum members can't be wrong!!!

TitanTim

Dedicated Member
Compared to the previous Michelin PS2s I had fitted on the Zed before I swapped the alloys I'm really pleased with the Falkens, I do get more tramlining on the front but I reckon thats with going with wider fronts :)

Unless you track the car I really don't think its worth paying the extra over Falkens.

Tim.

HornelZ3M

Zorg Addict
Supporter
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
I must say the best tyres i have purchased , and always bought the best, are The conti sport 3 tyres. No tramlining and very good on uneven surfaces.

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
HornelZ3M said:
I must say the best tyres i have purchased , and always bought the best, are The conti sport 3 tyres. No tramlining and very good on uneven surfaces.
Ditto

Snoops ont'apatalk